Lag Issue

Jmaxku

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing lag after using your Galaxy S4 GPe for a day? Resetting my phone fixes the issue, but it's incredibly annoying. My home screen suffers from the most lag--kind of has a ghosting effect when I scroll. Other elements--e.g. keyboard--seem to work OK. I don't know if this is unique to my phone or some sort of software screw up.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing lag after using your Galaxy S4 GPe for a day? Resetting my phone fixes the issue, but it's incredibly annoying. My home screen suffers from the most lag--kind of has a ghosting effect when I scroll. Other elements--e.g. keyboard--seem to work OK. I don't know if this is unique to my phone or some sort of software screw up.

I got mine yesterday an it is zippy as ever...Have you added any apps in the last day? So you have reset more than once and the issue comes back?

Jmaxku

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I have many apps, but I haven't added anything new lately. I still have 7 GB of internal memory. The issue has come up over a dozen times now. Definitely reoccurring. It happens after a good days use.

fulleraj

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
No lag whatsoever..... Smooth as silk. Running nova launcher with about 20 apps installed.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

wilbarger

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
When the lag comes back, look at your apps that are running. Might be some information in there that will help you track down the issue.

Jmaxku

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Seems to have been the Play - My Library widget constantly uploading album artwork from Play Music. I deleted the widget and have been lag free ever since. I will note that this issue never existing when I kept all my music in the cloud. I specifically purchased the Samsung Galaxy S4 GPe for the great hardware AND SD card slot. When the widget started uploading album artwork from my SD card, after awhile the lag problem began.

Jmaxku

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I stand corrected. The lag is back despite the absence of the Play - My Library widget. For whatever reason it just took longer to materialize this time around. There's nothing unusual about the applications that are still running in the background, and I have .90 GB of free RAM.

kyoo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
no lag here to speak of, 1.2gb of ram free usually. i always close out as many apps as possible, habit from owning a very slow phone for the last 3 years

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm really starting to suspect that my phone is suffering from memory dump issues. Like I mentioned before, the phone performs great after a fresh reboot. It's after about a days use that it starts to lag. AnandTech has a really interesting article about Android's slow storage I/O performance.

AnandTech | Android 4.3 Update Brings TRIM to All Nexus Devices

Perhaps Android 4.3's new TRIM feature will solve my problem.

Believe me it will. I have the GE S4 and didn't have that much of a lag issue, just every once in awhile. I installed a leak of 4.3 for the GE S4 and it's great! There is hardly no lag at all. This has become my favorite phone, even over the HTC One . I also use this app called Cleanmaster that helps also.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cleanmaster.mguard

fulleraj

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
This is great news if the leaked version of 4.3 is working that well. Haven't noticed much lag on mine but have experienced two forced reboots in the past three weeks.

Sent from my GS4 Google Edition using Tapatalk.

entente

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I had the same kinda issue with my Galaxy S4 which is running stock android 4.2.2. In my case the solution was that my wallpaper (high quality picture, 13 MB) was saved on the external SD memory. If thats the case for you, change the wallpaper, transfer the pic to the internal memory and then use that particular copy as your wallpaper. Ever since I've changed that my phone runs smooth with literally no lag.

TheTitan1530

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Turn off those three features in the developer options and your phone will feel faster. Or try removing some widgets off your homescreen. Or turn off features such as smart scroll etc. Or get a different launcher such as nova launcher which is very smooth. If all these dont work then you most likely have an app thats very resourceful heavy and is taking alot of resources from your phone such as your RAM. You mentioned you have a lot of apps so it can be a pain in the a**

Posted via Android Central App

Jmaxku

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Clean Master works well. I just got the 4.3 update last night. My phone is now flawless. No lag and even a bit more responsive to touch.

Jmaxku

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a high resolution wallpaper, but it's on my internal storage. I'm fairly certain the lag I was experiencing was generated by bad coding in Android 4.2.2.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I had a few hiccups prior to 4.3 now that's just a thing of the past. Everything is liquid smooth and no lag what so ever.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 4 Beta