Large bloatware list safe to remove for lg g3

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for being a complete noob, I am born and raised IOS, the G3 is my fist Android, and first experience with crap bloatware. to remove theses files, does this require root access, or can I just go into file browser and remove them. will it also remove the icon or does that need to be hidden forever?

It requires root access. "Bloatware" is a suggestive term though, not all of this above list would be considered "bloat" to everyone, especially those talking about removing Google services.

I only consider bloat to be apps or programs that are running, draining battery, slowing the phone, or otherwise having a negative impact on your device. Most of the above files are not having any negative impact on the performance of the G3. I can't speak to AT&T, but I was able to simply uninstall most of the carrier apps on my G3 with no problem at all.

Worrying about striping the phone bare of anything at all running except the basics isn't something I'd worry about if I were you.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I have had google services disabled for a while now so I don't think it has anything to do with the OS other than google play store related things, I don't know much about any other google apps since I never use them and either have deleted them or disabled them. Either way less stuff on the phone and less stuff running in the background.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Any updates for Lollipop version?
I know since I got a replacement there are more apps preinstalled than KitKat.
Doing a little debloating right now and would like to know and verify all that can be removed.
Has anyone had problems with any removal?

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so this is obviously for the ATT variant - is it the lollipop firmware? Is there a similar list for other carrier variants?
I froze most things that were obviously bloatware, but I'd be willing to try and trim things back more (since I have full backups)

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I've got a google spreadsheet with a list of items here as well: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XXWF4PJsKfc2-n6uSuCmsxHIqiTyMdZpAsuTtmdCR6o

If you want to help update/curate the list send me a message with your google E-mail and I'll give you edit privileges (E-mail address is at the top of the sheet) :)

Last edited:

jakman50

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I've got a google spreadsheet with a list of items here as well: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XXWF4PJsKfc2-n6uSuCmsxHIqiTyMdZpAsuTtmdCR6o

If you want to help update/curate the list send me a message with your google E-mail and I'll give you edit privileges (E-mail address is at the top of the sheet) :)

Would be nice to have a Cricket list...particularly for Lollipop and Marshmallow