Latest Nougat update on Verizon/S7 - hate the camera and photo gallery

A

AC Question

The newest Nougat update changed the photo gallery to look more like iPhone. Ugh. In particular, when I chose to move images to an album, it moves them but leaves them in the camera gallery with all the images. If I had wanted them kept in the main camera gallery, I would have asked to copy to an album, not move. Prior version did what I wanted. It also displays the images differently in the camera gallery. The camera is now slower to shoot successive shots. It's closer to iPhone and I actually bucked the trend amongst my friends and choose the Samsung Galaxy over and over. It wasn't broken, Samsung. Anyone else having problems?

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a Verizon S7 edge and do not have any of the problems you mentioned. The gallery does look a little different, but that is something you will get used to.

If you have not tried wiping the cache partition and clearing the cached data for the gallery app, try that and see if that clears up your gallery problems.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I just use quickpic. very good sorting options and links to cloud accounts. I don't like the factory gallery because it doesn't allow for not showing folders. Don't need all my album art in my gallery.

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I just use quickpic. very good sorting options and links to cloud accounts. I don't like the factory gallery because it doesn't allow for not showing folders. Don't need all my album art in my gallery.
I've been using quikpic for a few years as well. I like how I can sort the folders the way I want.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers