Launchers - Stock or Aftermarket?

msr360

Oct 30, 2017
Visit site
I've been using the Google Pixel 2 since it was released and setup all my screens exactly how I like them. I have no issues with the stock launcher from the Pixel 2, but with the barebones stock launcher on the Essential I find myself missing the Pixel 2 launcher.

So the question is, what is everyone using? I am not looking for anything fancy at all and maybe a clone of the Pixel 2 launcher. I don't know. I loaded up the Rootless Pixel 2 Launcher, but I rather have something from the Play Store that will automatically update vs always having to load a new apk.

Thoughts?

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I've been using the Google Pixel 2 since it was released and setup all my screens exactly how I like them. I have no issues with the stock launcher from the Pixel 2, but with the barebones stock launcher on the Essential I find myself missing the Pixel 2 launcher.

So the question is, what is everyone using? I am not looking for anything fancy at all and maybe a clone of the Pixel 2 launcher. I don't know. I loaded up the Rootless Pixel 2 Launcher, but I rather have something from the Play Store that will automatically update vs always having to load a new apk.

Thoughts?
I use the Nova launcher. I have never use a pixel.so I am unsure familiar with that launcher. My favorite thing about Nova is the ability to back up you launcher settings. Every time I switch phones install the back up and everything is exactly how it was on my last phone.

crav4speed

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the Microsoft launcher for the past week. I'm not a fan of redundant software on a phone, but I have to say that I've been pleasantly surprised. I don't know about other launchers but the MS launcher blows away the stock launcher in terms of features. The vertical scrolling is a really nice touch as well as the daily Bing wallpapers, plus I'm deep into the MS ecosystem so it was definitely a good addition.

msr360

Oct 30, 2017
Visit site
I just loaded Rootless Pixel Launcher, so far so good. I just wish it was in the play store so I wouldn't have to worry about going to github for updates.

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I use action launcher. I like all the shortcuts built into the icons and it seems decently stable so far.

I have it configured to look like a pixel so it's like stock Android I guess.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Been using the rootless Pixel 2 Launcher for a couple weeks. Works great on 8.1 and doesn't take long to set up. I'd probably go back to Nova if it didn't support icon packs and work with dark substratum themes.

rld082982

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Nova is overrated imo. it's good but I don't understand why it's so popular. it's just simple icons.... just like 99% of the other launchers out there. I'm using Squarehome 2 launcher.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Nova is overrated imo. it's good but I don't understand why it's so popular. it's just simple icons.... just like 99% of the other launchers out there. I'm using Squarehome 2 launcher.
I use Nova for the gestures and the back up. Anytime I get a new phone or have to do a reset. I literally just install my back up from my Google drive, I don't have to worry about adjusting settings or icon placement. I like to have a gesture where I swipe down on my screen from anywhere and it slides the notifications and toggles down. Swipe up for resent apps. I set the second press for the home button as my app drawer command. I also hate icon labels on my phones.

anon(9485947)

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
The physical home button has been replaced on most of the newer phones by a home button icon.. as shown above in the manual for the essential phone. Its the one in the centre.

Nova launcher has an option to tweak its settings like @swagglepuff says.. (works on phones with a physical home button, or virtual home icon...)

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
action launcher has been working great for me. love the wallpaper theme, shutters, and it has been pretty dang stable for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci