Leaked Best Buy flyer!

mylasthope

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah, absolutely. I might wait for an Otterbox case though, I have one for my Eris and that thing is just amazing. A little expensive but worth it in the end.

otterbox cases make me sad. I liked the one on my evo 4g, but it became loose over time. :(

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I will say this...the one part I hate about buying a new phone is all the new accessories I have to get to go with it. New car dock. New docking station or two for the bedroom and living room (my office LOL). My saving grace is that since November of last year I've been holding on to a 100 dollar Verizon rebate card. :D So, the accessories will mostly be taken care of.
One thing I'd recommend to save some money is get a universal car dock. I got an Arkon universal mount from Amazon for like $15 and it works great. It's adjustable and will fit any phone.

Reactions: SamuriHL

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I have sported an otterbox defender on my Storm 2 since I bought it and have not got a scratch on the phone itself. Well, being in the military it has been dropped, knocked off and sometimes tossed to prove its resilience. I will definately be rocking the defender when it comes out. Will probably get a silicon to cover me until otter gets out the bionic case.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
One thing I'd recommend to save some money is get a universal car dock. I got an Arkon universal mount from Amazon for like $15 and it works great. It's adjustable and will fit any phone.

I've thought about that before. Do they really work as well as the native car dock? That's another thing I might have to look into.

Reactions: anon(368121)

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I've thought about that before. Do they really work as well as the native car dock? That's another thing I might have to look into.

It doesn't have the magnet in it that activates car dock mode automatically but it's adjustable and can be turned portrait or landscape mode.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't have the magnet in it that activates car dock mode automatically but it's adjustable and can be turned portrait or landscape mode.

Hmmm. I kinda like the car dock mode stuff. I'll have to think about that one and see what kind of car dock they release for the Bionic. I mean, we're all going to be keeping these phones for 2 years now, so, a dock or two every couple years isn't overly bad I suppose. :)

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. I kinda like the car dock mode stuff. I'll have to think about that one and see what kind of car dock they release for the Bionic. I mean, we're all going to be keeping these phones for 2 years now, so, a dock or two every couple years isn't overly bad I suppose. :)

Just set up a Tasker profile and you can build your own car dock mode.

Reactions: SamuriHL

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Idk about you but I almost never keep my phone for 2 years. I got a Thunderbolt back in March and am planning on getting a Bionic ASAP. I'll probably try to keep the Bionic until the contract I signed with my Thunderbolt is up...that is unless something new comes out that convinces me otherwise.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Idk about you but I almost never keep my phone for 2 years. I got a Thunderbolt back in March and am planning on getting a Bionic ASAP. I'll probably try to keep the Bionic until the contract I signed with my Thunderbolt is up...that is unless something new comes out that convinces me otherwise.

That gets to be an expensive hobby without the discount pricing. I was hoping the Bionic would come out shortly after CES this year, but, clearly that didn't happen. I was on board with Verizon's NE1 program until they nuked it, but, retail pricing for phones is a bit much. I agree that the retail pricing has been more reasonable lately, but, I'm not about to spend that much each year on a phone.

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
That gets to be an expensive hobby without the discount pricing. I was hoping the Bionic would come out shortly after CES this year, but, clearly that didn't happen. I was on board with Verizon's NE1 program until they nuked it, but, retail pricing for phones is a bit much. I agree that the retail pricing has been more reasonable lately, but, I'm not about to spend that much each year on a phone.
It's definitely costly. That's probably why I'll stick with the Bionic through the end of my contract. I just want something a little more future proof than this Thunderbolt. Don't get me wrong, it's a good phone, but I love Moto hardware and the battery life will probably be better on the Bionic too.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It's definitely costly. That's probably why I'll stick with the Bionic through the end of my contract. I just want something a little more future proof than this Thunderbolt. Don't get me wrong, it's a good phone, but I love Moto hardware and the battery life will probably be better on the Bionic too.

I'm hoping to like the Bionic enough to stick it out for 2 years, as well. If not, I could break down in a year and buy a new phone on retail but I'd prefer to not have to do that. Hence why I'm adamant about LTE and dual core at a minimum. Battery life is a tricky mistress. I've gotten my Droid tweaked well enough so that it can last me a few days on a single charge if I need to. Case in point is I charged it last Friday night and didn't charge it again til driving home Monday morning. I was camping and used it quite a bit during that time, as well. The Bionic may not be overly wonderful at first for battery life, although with 3 revisions one would hope they've got that down. I'm just concerned about battery life with LTE...or in my case for the very moment lack of LTE. Hopefully the Bionic will be smart in how it searches for LTE and not kill the battery in doing so. We'll see. In any case, I'm rather excited and can't wait. Hopefully less than a month now.

Reactions: thall

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
So does the Bionic have a better battery life? I have only had my TB 3 months. I really like it but the batter kills me.

I do not know for sure but Motorola Phones have always had better battery life then HTC.. So I will say more then likely it will be better. Motorola phones come with a Battery Manager. I always got 8 - 10 hours of battery using the DX with heavy use...