Leaked Best Buy flyer!

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
looking at the picture in the ad and looking at the Droid3 that just appeared on the VZ website today and it "almost" looks like the same form factor except for the D3 is a slider and the Bionic is not and 4G. I wonder if they used the same shell design and the space that would be for the slider was replaced with a 4G radio.......food for thought. Either way I like the way it looks. Would be funny since my wife is getting the D3 when we get home from our vacation htalfway across the country and I will only have to wait a few more weeks for bionic and they will both look about exactly the same phone.

That seems logical and the Droid 3 is. 50 thick so if the bionic is also that way that would be really nice

xcalibur1011

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
looking at the picture in the ad and looking at the Droid3 that just appeared on the VZ website today and it "almost" looks like the same form factor except for the D3 is a slider and the Bionic is not and 4G. I wonder if they used the same shell design and the space that would be for the slider was replaced with a 4G radio.......food for thought. Either way I like the way it looks. Would be funny since my wife is getting the D3 when we get home from our vacation halfway across the country and I will only have to wait a few more weeks for bionic and they will both look about exactly the same phone.

I would say also they are both very similar in design, the ffc is on the other side but that is not a major design change from the two. The Bionic seems to be a Keyboard less 4G Droid3.

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Yup, a keyboardless, 4G, 1GB ram, Webtop, possible 4460 processor, 4.3-4.5 inch screen, larger batteried Droid 3.

They're pretty much the same phone

/sarcasm

I personally was referring to the form factor not the internals smartazz LOL. They look very similar, I never said they were the same internal parts. *rolls eyes*

Cvballa3g0

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I really hope it's a 4460 omap processor. I want it to stand out from the optimus 3d and D3.

Swyped from my Droid using Tapatalk.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Those are the ones that have been certified for Netflix HD, correct? That would be sweet indeed. That's the one REALLY disappointing thing about my Xoom...no Netflix, no Hulu. I bought it thinking those things would be coming "fairly soon". Oh well. The Bionic would rock if it can do HD video streaming.

rkeller62

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Those are the ones that have been certified for Netflix HD, correct? That would be sweet indeed. That's the one REALLY disappointing thing about my Xoom...no Netflix, no Hulu. I bought it thinking those things would be coming "fairly soon". Oh well. The Bionic would rock if it can do HD video streaming.

I believe all the OMAP 44xx processors were certified.

EDIT: Link to Droid life article.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/07/05/tis-omap4-processor-is-first-to-receive-netflix-hd-certification-droid3-just-got-a-lot-more-attractive/

Last edited:
Reactions: SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
IS it the 28th of July so I can call in my bionic order like the Droid 3 just did today LOL

LOL! I'm ready to go whenever they allow the pre-orders. At this point I'm sold on the Bionic. As I said, if the SGS2 was coming then I'd probably go with that, but, I've waited a LONG time for the Bionic as others have been doing. I have an original Droid, so, I'm definitely ready for an upgrade. :)

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I will say this...the one part I hate about buying a new phone is all the new accessories I have to get to go with it. New car dock. New docking station or two for the bedroom and living room (my office LOL). My saving grace is that since November of last year I've been holding on to a 100 dollar Verizon rebate card. :D So, the accessories will mostly be taken care of.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Will they have cases available the day it hits stores?

That's a great question. I'm assuming they will but I honestly don't know. I really hope so. And cases that work with the damn docks would be even better. I hate having to take it out of the case just to put it in the docks. Anyway, yea, I guess we'll find out more as we get closer but I really hope they have some good cases available on release.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys91