Leaked Best Buy flyer!

spectre1006

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Those who think this is fake....do you remember the original leaked ads for the Xoom and all the typos? :) So yea, I'm willing to take this on faith at this point. I mean we are fairly confident we're close to a release at this point (FINALLY!!!!!) so we're bound to see some leaked ads like this. In any case, I'm getting more and more excited. *IF* the SGS2 were released at the same time with LTE then for me that'd be a no brainer. But, I'm on an original Droid and I've held off all other phones at this point in hopes that the Bionic would end up being stellar. And to me, other than the probability of the screen, this looks like the perfect Droid replacement. And the screen, while not optimal is not going to be nearly as bad as people make it out to be. It's a phone...I mean, what are we really expecting? Yes, yes, the SAMOLED screens are incredible. But, the screen on this thing will be pretty good I think. Anyway, dual core, fairly thin, no slide out physical KB (a plus for me), LTE....sign me up. I waited for good reason. I wanted all those things in a phone. Now....I'm sick of waiting. Let's get this thing released!

U took the EXACT words out of my mouth.... an okay screen with all the other benefits is more than just alright for me

richdroidx

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
the screen in the photo looks to be a 4.3 screen. i dont think the photo is real but its probbly a "concept" all to build hype, which it is doing. Car manufacturers do the same thing. leak photos with accessories or things that never make it to production. Just hearing ffc/leaked ad/ news about this phone recently already confirms its coming for real. There was no news other than revamping the phone for a while.

I know this phone has everything i asked for so sign me up please!

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
the screen in the photo looks to be a 4.3 screen. i dont think the photo is real but its probbly a "concept" all to build hype, which it is doing. Car manufacturers do the same thing. leak photos with accessories or things that never make it to production. Just hearing ffc/leaked ad/ news about this phone recently already confirms its coming for real. There was no news other than revamping the phone for a while.

I know this phone has everything i asked for so sign me up please!

There has been lots of news if you check out any of these threads you will see.

Teseract

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
This is why I signed up for Verizon early and bought a used original Droid. Made it in just before unlimited plans end and 4G rolls out in my area, whoohoo.

With the bootloader locked I may end up waiting to see what else comes about though.

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Personally from the looks of it, this could be a legit flyer for all intents and purposes. As it was said before every website that has posted this from here to kingdom come has put their water mark on that not to mention how do you think most of best buys flyers are made...........? Between leak posting and making the flyer, photoshop has touched it somewhere which makes any sort of analysis null and void if you are trying to detect a "fake". I know someone said it but unless you have the original and know exactly what program was used to make the flyer there is no way you can call it fake due to photoshop. Sorry to burst the nay sayers bubble.

Last edited:

droidify

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
wow, look at all the fresh meat that surfaced and pretended to be gods in here when this announcement popped up. funny as all get out the "experts" that have appeared out of nowhere LOL.

I guess your 166 posts qualify you as more of an expert than someone with only a few posts. So tell me, how many posts are required to become a certified expert? I guess it would be impossible to stay up to date in smartphone tech if you don't spend all of your time posting in a forum. I occasionally visit several forums and it always amazes me how rude and obnoxious some of the regulars are to the newbie's. Really creates such a nice and friendly atmosphere!

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
wow, look at all the fresh meat that surfaced and pretended to be gods in here when this announcement popped up. funny as all get out the "experts" that have appeared out of nowhere LOL.

Personally from the looks of it, this could be a legit flyer for all intents and purposes. As it was said before every website that has posted this from here to kingdom come has put their water mark on that not to mention how do you think most of best buys flyers are made...........? Between leak posting and making the flyer, photoshop has touched it somewhere which makes any sort of analysis null and void if you are trying to detect a "fake". I know someone said it but unless you have the original and know exactly what program was used to make the flyer there is no way you can call it fake due to photoshop. Sorry to burst the nay sayers bubble.

Well, actually the analysis confirms that it's legit. I misread the ELA testing's characteristics. The areas that I thought to be fake stood out more, but not because they were fake, because they were red in color and on edges. The watermark on the other hand stands out significantly, which is the only altered graphic on the ad.

So you're half right and going into the wrong direction. I apologize for misreading the test. The ad appears to be real. Why they used a stock image of the phone at a separate dpi from the background is another story, but like some have speculated, this is just made quick from possible phone renderings to create hype, in short: Mission Accomplished.

1966cah

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
the screen in the photo looks to be a 4.3 screen.

Maybe I'm dense, but how on earth does something "look like" it's a certain size when it has no recorded dimensions and there's nothing to compare it to in the image? We're talking a difference of two tenths of an inch after all...

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I'm dense, but how on earth does something "look like" it's a certain size when it has no recorded dimensions and there's nothing to compare it to in the image? We're talking a difference of two tenths of an inch after all...

Where are our super investigators who search Motorola manufactures databases that discover whether Moto has been ordering an exuberant amount of 4.5" or 4.3" screens? I feel like we nail this info with other phones but find ourselves lacking in our insane efforts to squeeze the smallest detail regarding Moto's new devices through various backdoors and mixed-methodology lol.

Slackers, the lot of you!

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
U took the EXACT words out of my mouth.... an okay screen with all the other benefits is more than just alright for me

Yup. That's it exactly. I can live with an ok screen as long as I have a dual core proc, LTE, and no more slide out KB. I love my Droid but I really want a thinner phone. I really can't wait to go take a look at this thing in person. I'm definitely ready for an upgrade at this point.

ShiZero

May 28, 2011
alliszero.deviantart.com
Well, actually the analysis confirms that it's legit. I misread the ELA testing's characteristics. The areas that I thought to be fake stood out more, but not because they were fake, because they were red in color and on edges. The watermark on the other hand stands out significantly, which is the only altered graphic on the ad.

So you're half right and going into the wrong direction. I apologize for misreading the test. The ad appears to be real. Why they used a stock image of the phone at a separate dpi from the background is another story, but like some have speculated, this is just made quick from possible phone renderings to create hype, in short: Mission Accomplished.

More often than not, not having the finished picture to put in on a test ad isn't a good excuse for not starting to design it anyway. Artists use temporary props all the time, for example. They could've used a preliminary picture of the phone to just leave it there, and design the rest of the ad around it while waiting for the finished picture.

I wouldn't doubt for a second that the ad designer isn't the same person responsible for doing the photo touch-ups.

Reactions: anon(387460)

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Yup. That's it exactly. I can live with an ok screen as long as I have a dual core proc, LTE, and no more slide out KB. I love my Droid but I really want a thinner phone. I really can't wait to go take a look at this thing in person. I'm definitely ready for an upgrade at this point.

Not sure how much thinner this phone will be compared to the Droid considering it has an LTE radio and all the LTE phones have been relatively thick. Although in the leaked ad pic the Bionic looks pretty thin.

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I guess your 166 posts qualify you as more of an expert than someone with only a few posts. So tell me, how many posts are required to become a certified expert? I guess it would be impossible to stay up to date in smartphone tech if you don't spend all of your time posting in a forum. I occasionally visit several forums and it always amazes me how rude and obnoxious some of the regulars are to the newbie's. Really creates such a nice and friendly atmosphere!

meh came home really irritable after a long drive last night and a car full of people complaining the whole way. Saw a few new people in this thread barking at some folks that had been around for a while. Not normally my style to go off like that but went to bed last night woke up this morning not soo exhausted and went ah crap I really said that didn't I. My bad yall, I would think everyone is entitled to a bad day every once in a while. Honestly the first part of that post wasn't called for and I deleted it (probably shouldn't have taken my frustration out on the forum for my bad night LOL).

Last edited:

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how much thinner this phone will be compared to the Droid considering it has an LTE radio and all the LTE phones have been relatively thick. Although in the leaked ad pic the Bionic looks pretty thin.

In my opinion, and don't quote me, or anyone throw a fit at me for making an assumption on a graphic alone (which seems to be the trend here) that it has the same depth as maybe the LG Revolution, which I think is cool.

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion, and don't quote me, or anyone throw a fit at me for making an assumption on a graphic alone (which seems to be the trend here) that it has the same depth as maybe the LG Revolution, which I think is cool.

yeah this thing is looking slim and neatly packaged. I think they did right with the redesign of the form factor. Heck it could have been ALOT worse than what we are looking at here if you aren't too thrilled with it LOL.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

That's a good point. I'd really like to get it in my hands and get a feel for it. I really hope the Aug 4th date holds true.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
yeah this thing is looking slim and neatly packaged. I think they did right with the redesign of the form factor. Heck it could have been ALOT worse than what we are looking at here if you aren't too thrilled with it LOL.

Yea, I agree. This looks like a great form factor if in fact that pic is even remotely accurate. Again, it'd be nice to be able to walk into a store and pick it up and see how it feels. I'm excited again for this phone. I've been waiting diligently and passing up phones like the TB, DX2, Charge, etc in hopes that the Bionic would come out "soon". I've had an upgrade available since January. sigh. :)

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
looking at the picture in the ad and looking at the Droid3 that just appeared on the VZ website today and it "almost" looks like the same form factor except for the D3 is a slider and the Bionic is not and 4G. I wonder if they used the same shell design and the space that would be for the slider was replaced with a 4G radio.......food for thought. Either way I like the way it looks. Would be funny since my wife is getting the D3 when we get home from our vacation halfway across the country and I will only have to wait a few more weeks for bionic and they will both look about exactly the same phone.

Last edited:

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Droid 3
droid_3_5.jpg

droid_3_2.jpg

Bionic
droid-bionic-best-buy.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads