Let Us Rejoice

johnnyfr03

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Let us rejoice on the fast and decisive decision that a jury of 7 inept persons with no knowledge in technology took in the case against Samsung. Why? Samsung' s stock went down while the others went up. Samsung's employees are freaked out. There is the chance of products being banned in the US including one the best selling android phones in history. Celebrate the fact that I imagine that many other companies will be stalked by the owners of the rectangular electronic device. Again, why should we rejoice? Well all I can see coming out of this is the best smartphone in history after the S3. I can't even try to imagine what Samsung will come up with to kill the already mediocre iPhone's, including #5. What will other companies come up with including companies like Xiaomi. People don't worry the Runaway Jury can only go so far. Sooner or later we will have the next best thing in our hands and don't worry, you will have time to save your money because this isn't happening in September!!

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I was reading an article that said this may actually be good for Samsung in the long run. Conversations supposedly have been overheard where people are saying "If the products are exactly alike why should I pay a premium to Apple if Samsung does the same thing cheaper"? Gotta love thinking like that!

eagle63

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Fanboy nonsense aside, the question in my mind is: does Samsung have the talent necessary to truly go their own way with something original? The Galaxy line is definitely evolving nicely, so perhaps they do - but it will be interesting to see what the next few Galaxy devices look like.

eagle63

May 7, 2010
Visit site
The big question is how "original" do they really need to go?

Good question. I view both Sense and the native Android UI as being very original. (or at least as original as is necessary in today's competitive smartphone environment) Microsoft's new UI is obviously very fresh and unique, and I suspect the new blackberry OS will be pretty original as well.

Clearly Touchwiz began it's life as a ripoff of iOS. (which is why Samsung stood no chance in the lawsuit) But I think if they can keep moving it away from iOS in the direction they're going (I'm generally fine with the "nature" thing) as well as make it a little less cartoonish then I think that will be a good start. Beyond that I'd like to see Samsung step up and be a real leader in Android UI. They're dominating sales for sure, but I still think Sense is quite a bit better from a design standpoint.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I think touch wiz is far different from ios and while Samsung may not be moving that far away from iPhones they are definitely changing the world with their features (motion). They will only get better and better too. Which is why I can't wait for Apple to slip up and take one of the TW features like swipe to capture for example. Oh how sweet revenge is

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
remember its not just sammy been hit by this.. how are google gona find a good way of using a touchscreen without finger gestures. i dont care about sammy, i care about android

anon(161369)

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I personally care about both Sammy and android, it pains me to see people at work point at the s3 and just say oh that's ghee phone that was on the news for copying..... while they hold up there ty iphone..... I'm not supposed to take it personally hut honestly it like some one literally crapped on my floor.... more than anything I'm disappointed in our patent system and our judicial system as-well I just know that Google will continue innovating android and great things are to come, much like the movie industry and the cable companies fighting digital distribution and bringing laws up like the protect ip act.... this is just apple's dying attempts to stay relevant.... accompany that can't produce real products dies regardless they just delay the inevitable....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
it does seem to be a HUGE problem in the US legal system mate. hope it changes.
as for the iphone users.... samsung may have "copied" a few things but your workmates copied the masses lol and your device is superior.... fact :)

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I just think some of these patents are just plain stupid. How can some thing so basic as pinch-to-zoom be a patent by Apple? How was that even allowed. That's like the most basic way to zoom in. "Experts" say that the verdict might be good for the industry, because it will force developers to innovate and come out with new ideas, but how else are you suppose to do the most basic functions? What other innovative ways are they suppose to zoom in and out? Double tap if you want to zoom in. Triple tap if you want to zoom out. Yell at your phone if you want to zoom in slightly. It's like putting a patent on the back key to make you go back to the previous page. It's as ridiculous as putting a patent on walking. "Oh you can no longer walk with one foot in front of the other. You have to come up with an innovative way of walking."

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
its like a detroit music producer patenting acid house music or someone patenting dubstep!
music is influenced and evolved from other artists otherwise what kinda crap would we be listening to lol

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
True that. One thing that's good about competition is not only just new and fresh ideas, but those that are over looked; the ideas that are borrowed from each other and improved upon. We know competitors borrow from each other, but, often time, they take an idea someone else came up with and make it better. We see it in videogames all the time.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
totaly, everything should evolve from each other, thatp how everything advances. think of animals.. a mutation (innovation) occurs, if its successful, the animal succeeds and produces offspring that share that successful trait... 1000years later u have a new species (wow im goin way off topic lol)

Dhendy91

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
totaly, everything should evolve from each other, thatp how everything advances. think of animals.. a mutation (innovation) occurs, if its successful, the animal succeeds and produces offspring that share that successful trait... 1000years later u have a new species (wow im goin way off topic lol)

In fairness regarding the pinch to zoom patent Google have already said they are getting the US patent office to examine it to see if it is fair.

Dhendy91

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
thats good but i have no faith in the US patent office lol. thixkin positive though :)
do windows phones use pinch2zoom?

No idea but lets put it this way I can't see pinch to zoom being taken out anytime soon. Plus we are safe the ruling was an american ruling much like the global search one a UK judge has already found in favour of Samsung in this country:D

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
thats good but i have no faith in the US patent office lol. thixkin positive though :)
do windows phones use pinch2zoom?

Yes it does because MS has paid Apple licensing fees for use of various features. MS and Apple are friends believe it or not. They both consider Google their enemy.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Apples ecosystem is all about control. Control of consumer and their money. MS likes that way of thinking. You guys remember the Zune player awhile back that MS released?? If anyone recalls, MS tried doing the same as the ipod where you would connect to a software like itunes where you sync all your stuff to the Zune player. When I bought the Zune player for my dad and realized that you had to connect via software in order to put music (or anything) in the player, I returned it!! I ended up with a Sansa player! :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
No idea but lets put it this way I can't see pinch to zoom being taken out anytime soon. Plus we are safe the ruling was an american ruling much like the global search one a UK judge has already found in favour of Samsung in this country:D

lol aye. im SO anti-uk but tech-wise its workin out quite well for us eh ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201