Let's be honest here , who's trading in their X for s3?

calvin35

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Reports from members at the sprint launch event who handled the 2g ram American version have stated this is not true at all. There was over 1.2 gbs of avalible ram after TouchWiz and what ever else they had running on the demo units.

Man I hope you are right about this. That would be absolutely fantastic! I'll be a multitasking fool with the SIII.

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Considering that Samsung had ICS source before any other manufacturer they knew about the button changes before any other manufacturer. So please explain how HTC could do it right and not Samsung if Samsung knew about it longer.

Google's guidelines call for on screen or capacitive buttons, but not a menu button. HTC got this right, not Samsung.

Samsung wanted to keep to the Olympic design, or so I heard, or somewhere along those lines.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...ng-S3-Olympics-edition-confirmed-by-Visa.html

Samsung could have, well, designed the Galaxy S 3 according to stock ICS but they didn't, at least where the buttons are involved.

Last edited:

tony_5309

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I came over to AT&T from Sprint after 3 or 4 years. All Android devices ALL rooted. Got the One X and i gotta say it is a very good phone. Beautifully designed. BUT, i'm getting the flashing shakes, lol so i will be going to a Galaxy S III myself. I'm still within my 30 day exchange period til June 30th. Maybe i'll pick up an international One X later once S-Off is achieved. :cool:

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Man I love my One X so much, but this multitasking is killing me. If I'm browsing, and watching a video, then answer a text, or come back to the video after a couple of mins...it's refreshing back. Ugh.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Why are there so many people in here that obviously don't have a One X and never did who have decided they need to preach about the S3 to us? Seriously, go sing it's praises to Samsung board, trolling here is not necessary. If you're so convinced your phone is better why do you have to come try to throw your opinions on people who obviously chose a different phone? I see the same people going from One X thread to One X thread, and thanking every one of each others anti-HTC posts they see. It's almost like you guys are trying to convince yourselves.

Last edited:

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Man I love my One X so much, but this multitasking is killing me. If I'm browsing, and watching a video, then answer a text, or come back to the video after a couple of mins...it's refreshing back. Ugh.

There's a really simple solution to these types of issues. Use a third party sms app that has a popup.

I use SMS Popup that pops up a little display with a "quick reply" . Anywhere I'm at, in game, in browser, I get a popup, I can quick reply and immediately go back to what I was doing with NO re-loading(because the app doesn't exit!)

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Why are there so many people in here that obviously don't have a One X and never did who have decided they need to preach about the S3 to us? Seriously, go sing it's praises to Samsung board, trolling here is not necessary. If you're so convinced your phone is better why do you have to come try to throw your opinions on people who obviously chose a different phone? I see the same people going from One X thread to One X thread, and thanking every one of each others anti-HTC posts they see. It's almost like you guys are trying to convince yourselves.

You should take a look at yourself, you are the exact type of person that you are ranting about here. You go to the samsung board to brag about how great the screen on the One X is, and how the non removable SD card and battery is a non issue by carrying a separate drive and special type of battery.

I only came in here to correct the misinformation that was spread so you other HTC fanbois don't cling on to what he said as the truth. Big difference.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
You should take a look at yourself, you are the exact type of person that you are ranting about here. You go to the samsung board to brag about how great the screen on the One X is, and how the non removable SD card and battery is a non issue by carrying a separate drive and special type of battery.

I only came in here to correct the misinformation that was spread so you other HTC fanbois don't cling on to what he said as the truth. Big difference.

You're quoting like the one thread I was in that I only got into because I saw it under new post's or whatever and it was like a 15 page arguement thread. I didn't even notice it was on the Samsung board, and if you go back and read my comments you'll notice when I saw it was I said the thread didn't belong there. I wasn't lurking in the Samsung board because I had decided I was the forum police as apparently you have. Your need to "correct" others to your point of view shows how insecure you are about your choice. And I preordered an S3, bro.

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
The screen is sooo much better on the HOX,

f2.0 aperture lens compared to just an f2.6 in the SGS3.

Dedicated image processing chip, automatic multi-stage flash and 99 burst mode.

The sleek sexyness of the phone is much better on the HOX too, completely sealed unit, micro waterproof holes too, its just a touch of class.

OTA Updates are awesome too.

Unless you really need the external SD and removeable battery, I don't see why anyone at all would trade in a HOX for a SGS3.

------

Battery lasts all day on the HOX, but if you really did need that extra juice - buy a battery bank.

b0fda863-d294-862b.jpg

They are small, cheap and can be plugged in to the phone if you needed that emergency juice.

I can understand the U.S customers who have a 16gb HOX to be disappointed about the lack of microSD slot, but the international version has 32gb so the slot isn't needed at all.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
The screen is sooo much better on the HOX,

f2.0 aperture lens compared to just an f2.6 in the SGS3.

Dedicated image processing chip, automatic multi-stage flash and 99 burst mode.

The sleek sexyness of the phone is much better on the HOX too, completely sealed unit, micro waterproof holes too, its just a touch of class.

OTA Updates are awesome too.

Unless you really need the external SD and removeable battery, I don't see why anyone at all would trade in a HOX for a SGS3.

------

Battery lasts all day on the HOX, but if you really did need that extra juice - buy a battery bank.

Click to view quoted image

They are small, cheap and can be plugged in to the phone if you needed that emergency juice.

I can understand the U.S customers who have a 16gb HOX to be disappointed about the lack of microSD slot, but the international version has 32gb so the slot isn't needed at all.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Love those battery banks, the only true universal batteries. I might point out a couple of things though:

1. Some people do prefer Super AMOLED. Personally while I see the attraction, and think Super AMOLED beats a regular LCD all hollow, I find the SuperLCD2 that HTC used in the One X a more pleasing display than the AMOLEDs.

2. To get 32 GB of storage, one must give up on LTE in the US (The Tegra 3 one doesn't have LTE at all, the international One XL doesn't have AT&T compatible LTE bands).. Assuming one lives in an LTE area, but I'm close enough to NYC to allow me to hope. Anyway, it does kind of suck, but I've still got 8 GB available on my 16 GB device, so maybe I shouldn't whine. :)

fadetoblack2104

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I dont think I could bring myself to look at that crappy screen on the GSIII. The screen is a big part of why I got the HOX. I can live with the quirks this phone. Phone feels solid while every sammy phone I've ever touched felt cheap and like it would shatter if you dropped it.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I dont think I could bring myself to look at that crappy screen on the GSIII. The screen is a big part of why I got the HOX. I can live with the quirks this phone. Phone feels solid while every sammy phone I've ever touched felt cheap and like it would shatter if you dropped it.

A "cheap" feeling samsung phone is no more prone to shattering when hitting the ground as a HTC phone. So if the durability is the same, why would you want to lug around more weight? You know companies like Porsche charges you extra to take weight off their cars right?

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
A "cheap" feeling samsung phone is no more prone to shattering when hitting the ground as a HTC phone. So if the durability is the same, why would you want to lug around more weight? You know companies like Porsche charges you extra to take weight off their cars right?

The downside of a removable battery and therefore a removable battery cover is that the device is designed to come apart. It HAS to be designed that way, no way around it. Something designed to come apart simply cannot be engineered to be as solid. So yes, a Samsung is more prone to coming apart. And in fact shattering because the plastic is so thin. That's the tradeoff you make to get a removable battery.

bigkid666999

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
This seems to be a bug of the Notes app instead of the Android operating system. Dolphin browser keeps its settings, and so does the Tapatalk app.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

Your arguement is just silly, as you'd have to carry the spare battery for the S3 as well. There are external batteries available the same size as the S3 battery.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Your arguement is just silly, as you'd have to carry the spare battery for the S3 as well. There are external batteries available the same size as the S3 battery.

I was referring to the weight of the devices themselves. If you have been on this forum since the original EVO4G days, you will notice a lot of HTC fans loves the way htc feels because of the "helf". They also always assume the samsung phones will snap in their hands or something equally ridiculous like that because of how light the phone felt compared the HTC phones.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I was referring to the weight of the devices themselves. If you have been on this forum since the original EVO4G days, you will notice a lot of HTC fans loves the way htc feels because of the "helf". They also always assume the samsung phones will snap in their hands or something equally ridiculous like that because of how light the phone felt compared the HTC phones.

Lol, do you realise how small the weight difference is? Absolutely miniscule. I've held both phones weight-wise they feel exactly the same.

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Latest test build on the HOX tegra 3 pushes quadrant score from 4800 to 5800

Gpu improvements, launcher smoothness improvements & a fix for the 3dot menu too.

And android 4.0.4

This next update is gonna be awesome!

And this is still with a gingerbread kernel.
The HOX is a beast!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Lol, do you realise how small the weight difference is? Absolutely miniscule. I've held both phones weight-wise they feel exactly the same.

Well tell that to the majority of the people here who feels the Samsung phones are flimsy because its too light. They are your people, not mine.