Let's see your Speed Tests!!

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
It uses Data, of course, but show us your speed test, carrier and device.
Mine is the S23+ on T-Mobile.
Mav. :cool:
8245eb1f86e8d398718a5410d32bfc6e.jpg

Sent from my SM-S916U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: nuangel2

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Let's see if this will post right and not sideways. This was on my way home from work on 5GUW.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230216_224242_Speedtest.jpg
    Screenshot_20230216_224242_Speedtest.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 51

Tempest790

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm coming from an S20+ that didn't support AT&T's C-band frequencies, so this is an upgrade for me. Initially, my speeds were atrocious, but maybe the towers needed to provision my handset? I'm now seeing better and more consistent speeds as I'm using my phone.

Outside pretty close to the AT&T tower.
OutsideATTNearTower.png

This is at work inside. My speeds were worse than my S20+ at first, but seems to have gotten a lot better. It'll switch from 5G to 5G+ and back while I'm inside though.
InsideATTatWork.png

I have already tested MM-wave at the Love Field airport on my S20+. I saw about 850 mbps consistently with that.

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
Recently, home service was not more than 5 Mbps, a local rural service and there aren't many options, but currently trying out a double of that. For mobile, normally anywhere from 5-20Mbps on Public Mobile, a discount variant of Telus (the plan is basically advertised as "on LTE or 4G at greater than 3G speeds" or something like that. It used to be advertised as "un-used discounted 3G" or something like that, but the phone always seemed to be on 4G or LTE. To be honest, I think sometimes I seem to almost get as good as anyone else on "normal Telus", just not paying that much. The mobile is fine as it is as I am not a heavy mobile user. Remarkably, a house full of us have also been able to limp through rather ok on the home service at 5Mbps, including video/audio streaming. If a few of us all try to stream something in HD at the same time or something like that, then we'll notice things bogging down. However, most of the time we do ok. To be additionally honest, I think overall the need for speed is a bit overrated and at least partially a self-fulfilling mechanism that just drives up what we pay and profits.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Recently, home service was not more than 5 Mbps, a local rural service and there aren't many options, but currently trying out a double of that. For mobile, normally anywhere from 5-20Mbps on Public Mobile, a discount variant of Telus (the plan is basically advertised as "on LTE or 4G at greater than 3G speeds" or something like that. It used to be advertised as "un-used discounted 3G" or something like that, but the phone always seemed to be on 4G or LTE. To be honest, I think sometimes I seem to almost get as good as anyone else on "normal Telus", just not paying that much. The mobile is fine as it is as I am not a heavy mobile user. Remarkably, a house full of us have also been able to limp through rather ok on the home service at 5Mbps, including video/audio streaming. If a few of us all try to stream something in HD at the same time or something like that, then we'll notice things bogging down. However, most of the time we do ok. To be additionally honest, I think overall the need for speed is a bit overrated and at least partially a self-fulfilling mechanism that just drives up what we pay and profits.
Hmm wanted to see how other countries are in speed test.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using AC Forums mobile app

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
Some really good/high speeds shown in here. I am in Ontario Canada. My situation is not representative of others in Ontario Canada. I am in a cheap/crappy situation.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty