LG E980 displays nothing but default background and the power menu since launcher acted up.

A

AC Question

Since a couple of days ago my trusty old LG E980 (Lollipop 5.1.1) has been mostly unresponsive. Only displaying what appears to be a blue/purple animated background when I press the power button, or the power options menu if I hold the power button. The phone will still vibrate, and the notification light flash when I get notifications, so internally it still seems to be working normally.

The problem began when I unlocked my phone in the morning after unplugging it, like any other day. Instead of going to the homescreen after being unlocked, the multitasking menu was displayed, and when I tried to escape that, I was asked which launcher I would like to use. After selecting Nova Launcher, which is the launcher I've always used, I was brought to the home screen with only some of the apps, and no widgets visible, and the phone had become unresponsive. I rebooted it and after a seemingly normal boot sequence I was left where I am now.

I've tried rebooting the phone in various ways, even reflashing the ROM (Blisspop V4.0.3 20151106-1854) and nothing's worked. I would love if someone could show me a fix for this problem (which seems to be mostly to do with the launcher) that's less permanent than factory resetting my phone. I don't think I have any recent backups, and I can't unlock my phone to retrieve any files over USB (briefly tried ADB and Vysor, but I don't think I had USB Debugging enabled), so a factory reset would lose all my data :(

Thanks for any help! I would provide links with extra information, screenshots, footage, etc. But the site is not allowing me to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmax36884