LG G Flex: Who would get one?

Lestah_613

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: LG Flex: Who would get one?

I got one and its absolutely fantastic!
fast as hell, NO wifi issues, fantastic display, and feels wonderful in my hand..

Forget about the stupid reviewers opinions, and go to a store and play with one!!

So I'm the only one that has the wifi issue ? Sucks. But the battery life is great. This weekend i went thirty hours of use, yes thirty, and still had 31 percent left.

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site

yeah, I have never seen battery life on a device like I have on this thing..just think how it will be once we stop playing with it all day!!

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Yep big battery and LG has it preforming optimally. Seems they figured out the right combination

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Dvoraak

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I've got one and I haven't been this happy with a new phone purchase in a long long time. The obvious comparison is with the Note 3 and for me personally, the Note 3 is what caused my ugly breakup with Samsung. Two Note 3s, bought 6 months apart and in different states both had deal breaking, fatal gps issues and poor tower signal at home..... but I digress.
Anyone who's owned Samsungs and an HTC One knows that when it comes to lag free performance, the HTC One spanked Samsung and sent 'em to bed without dinner....... The Flex is even better. Seriously. It's true. I've never had a phone this snappy and responsive since my last iPhone (before the S3 converted me).
Not to say the Flex is a perfect device but it comes very close for me. Some might hesitate at the resolution but it's a spec....... LOOK AT THE SCREEN AND WATCH A VIDEO YOURSELF and see if that spec is a deal breaker or if this screen is simply gorgeous. Some might hesitate because of the camera (it proves that specs aren't everything). 13mp sounds good on paper but, honestly, it can't hold a candle to an S4 or a Note 3's camera, either in features or quality. Seriously selfie types might want to look elsewhere. It's not a Nexus so some might hesitate at the skin. I like it. They took a page from HTC and went with dark, neutral black, gray and white in the dialer and messaging apps. I prefer this skin to Sense though. Just a preference. The skin also offers some options that Samsung might want to take a hard look at.
Like every other phone, this one ain't for everyone. It might only be a good fit for a few but anyone who's already using an Optimus G Pro, Note 2 or 3 owes it to themselves to check this one out.

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site

the snappiness and responsiveness is incredible on this thing, and after a couple of weeks, I am still amazed. Coming from a note 2, and the HTC one max, I totally agree about the Samsung lag, and just being plain sick of touchwiz after 5 Samsung phones. I mean, getting a AOSP rom on them did help at times..
yes, to me the screen is gorgeous, and I couldn't care less what reviewers think, or what the spec is; people have to learn to separate what they read and what they see, and I dont "see" any of the complaints that many reviewers have said about the flex. At least everyone agrees that it is the absolute KING of battery life right now, no phone comes close.

Yes, just like everything else in life, nothing will make everyone happy, but I am willing to bet that 90% of people who play with this thing will end up buying one. As an added bonus, we got ours from Tmobile, so they paid the 1050 ETF from Sprint, my wife and son got G2's, which is also a great phone, T-mobiles data/call speeds and clarity are FANTASTIC in Chicago land, and my entire family hasn't been this happy with their phones/network in many,many years...total win in every way for us!

DVJIMATT

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

I love my new flex. Its smoother faster than my S4 was. And the s4 was throttled up to 2.1 GHz just waiting on a custom recovery for the D959 T-Mobile variant, then I can finally start with the custom ROMs. The multi tasking split window in almost every app is great with the big screen.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

the snappiness and responsiveness is incredible on this thing, and after a couple of weeks, I am still amazed. Coming from a note 2, and the HTC one max, I totally agree about the Samsung lag, and just being plain sick of touchwiz after 5 Samsung phones. I mean, getting a AOSP rom on them did help at times..
yes, to me the screen is gorgeous, and I couldn't care less what reviewers think, or what the spec is; people have to learn to separate what they read and what they see, and I dont "see" any of the complaints that many reviewers have said about the flex. At least everyone agrees that it is the absolute KING of battery life right now, no phone comes close.

Yes, just like everything else in life, nothing will make everyone happy, but I am willing to bet that 90% of people who play with this thing will end up buying one. As an added bonus, we got ours from Tmobile, so they paid the 1050 ETF from Sprint, my wife and son got G2's, which is also a great phone, T-mobiles data/call speeds and clarity are FANTASTIC in Chicago land, and my entire family hasn't been this happy with their phones/network in many,many years...total win in every way for us!

Happy to hear that you love it, I almost pull the plug on this but the baby brother LG isai was free with my new contract so I went it that instead.

alhadee12

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

This has been a pretty good device so far. I have not experienced the screen issues and its actually been a pretty good viewing experience.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I work construction and a large phone such as the flex, note htc max and others in its class are just to hard to use. Still looks really nice though

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

I just got one today..wonderful device! Battery is a beast and the phone is snappy as hell..my HTC one is now being listed on Craigslist.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Dawg11

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site

.total win in every way for us!

Except that you are with T-mobile . Getting them to unlock a phone AFTER you paid all your hard earned money for it is near impossible . Must be the only way they can retain customers .

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site

funny you would say that; my sales guy told me any time I needed it unlocked, he would take care of it for me, no problem..
I have no need for that right now, so it didn't figure into my equation..

alhadee12

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

Except that you are with T-mobile . Getting them to unlock a phone AFTER you paid all your hard earned money for it is near impossible . Must be the only way they can retain customers .

That concerns me with T-Mobile that the try to prevent you from getting the device unlocked. I have one line with them and they were trying to keep me on a family plan for the extra charges.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

Jimmy Gillentine

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

I would love to get LG Flex. My concern is it going to get KITKAT? If it did, then I might consider upgrading to it from my LG G2.

Posted via Android Central App

phillyundead

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Played with it in the store. Has anyone watched a video on this thing in landscape? I'd you haven't you should. It's horrible at the top and bottom. Definitely sticking with my Note 3. There's no SD slot either. Why? Who knows. The button on the back aren't as useful as I thought. My girlfriends g2 is dry annoying shenanigans trying to change the volume unless you're on a call. If it's anything like the g2 camera them it should be fine. LG has all these failing ideas.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

phillyundead

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

yeah, I have never seen battery life on a device like I have on this thing..just think how it will be once we stop playing with it all day!!

The note 3 gets at least two days with moderate to heavy use lol.

phillyundead

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

I've got one and I haven't been this happy with a new phone purchase in a long long time. The obvious comparison is with the Note 3 and for me personally, the Note 3 is what caused my ugly breakup with Samsung. Two Note 3s, bought 6 months apart and in different states both had deal breaking, fatal gps issues and poor tower signal at home..... but I digress.
Anyone who's owned Samsungs and an HTC One knows that when it comes to lag free performance, the HTC One spanked Samsung and sent 'em to bed without dinner....... The Flex is even better. Seriously. It's true. I've never had a phone this snappy and responsive since my last iPhone (before the S3 converted me).
Not to say the Flex is a perfect device but it comes very close for me. Some might hesitate at the resolution but it's a spec....... LOOK AT THE SCREEN AND WATCH A VIDEO YOURSELF and see if that spec is a deal breaker or if this screen is simply gorgeous. Some might hesitate because of the camera (it proves that specs aren't everything). 13mp sounds good on paper but, honestly, it can't hold a candle to an S4 or a Note 3's camera, either in features or quality. Seriously selfie types might want to look elsewhere. It's not a Nexus so some might hesitate at the skin. I like it. They took a page from HTC and went with dark, neutral black, gray and white in the dialer and messaging apps. I prefer this skin to Sense though. Just a preference. The skin also offers some options that Samsung might want to take a hard look at.
Like every other phone, this one ain't for everyone. It might only be a good fit for a few but anyone who's already using an Optimus G Pro, Note 2 or 3 owes it to themselves to check this one out.

There's no way the flex compare to the Note. My phone is not laggy every at all. My battery life is definitely better and I have no software or hardware issues. And have you watched a HD video on the flex? It's a strain on this eye and is grainy as hell. That note 3 is a way better looking screen.

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site

watch videos on it all the time, and never see what you are talking about...playing with it at the store and owning one is a completely different thing..
and, it wins EVERY battery competition against the Note 3, so you are wrong there too..
not everyone likes every phone the same, so this one's obviously not for you..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000