LG G Flex: Who would get one?

Dawg11

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: LG Flex: Who would get one?

While shopping for my flex , I inquired at the local T-mobile about unlocking one should I get a good deal on a flex that happened to be Tmobile branded . He said " T-mobile does not unlock phones ." When I tried to argue that when it became illegal for consumers to unlock phones , the phone companies were told that they HAD to unlock any phone AFTER contract or that was PAID up front for phone . He got real indignant and started the " I been here 16 years and ....." that's when I hung up . I know they are supposed to but getting them to do it is another story .

alhadee12

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

I have both and the Flex has provided me with better battery life. Side by side the N3 picture quality is much better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Mika Kat

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

I love my g flex.
Its nearly perfect.
I live it much more than my note 2. I hate Samsung and its touchwiz. So laggy and ugly.

Posted via Android Central App

grgiwoyna

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site

There's no way the flex compare to the Note. My phone is not laggy every at all. My battery life is definitely better and I have no software or hardware issues. And have you watched a HD video on the flex? It's a strain on this eye and is grainy as hell. That note 3 is a way better looking screen.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Curious; how can you make the distinction that your battery life is "definitely better" and that "there's no way it compares to the Note 3" when you're only experiencing with the Flex is the limited few minutes you spent playing with it in the store (if that's even true)? Sounds like you have no hands-on experience, out-in-the-world experience with the device. I doubt you saw the battery drop more than a single, solitary percent.

Videos look fine on the Flex. Granted, the screen isn't nearly as nice as the Note 3, but it's not really a deal-breaker, either... at least not for a lot of people. The difference in display is really only terribly noticeable when comparing it to another device side-by-side. Other than that it's really not too bad.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

There's no way the flex compare to the Note. My phone is not laggy every at all. My battery life is definitely better and I have no software or hardware issues. And have you watched a HD video on the flex? It's a strain on this eye and is grainy as hell. That note 3 is a way better looking screen.

I have zero problems with videos and that's one of the best things about this phone. I had to chose high quality on videos for YouTube and it is awesome. One thing I've noticed is in daylight it's not very good. I can live with it because of the superior battery. I can leave my house and never have to charge my phone before bed and I'm a semi heavy user with navigation and music streaming Bluetooth. Best phone I've ever owned.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site

I call shenanigans on your shilling. I don't own either the Note 3 or the Flex yet but after helping several of my PC repair customers get their phones set up I am slightly more inclined to the Flex. The Note 3 and my Tab 3 7.0 LTE are about even for casual photo and video consumption at a distance of one to two feet, resolution notwithstanding. The high brightness and contrast of the Flex are much better for live action cinema. Ghosting is semi rare....low brightness is better for e reader or email use not browsing and videos. Lack of SD is a tad bothersome but at least there's decent internal storage and USB OTG or it'd be a deal breaker.

Note 3 that stylus is nice but, give me the Galaxy Round or get out. Flex has working cellular antenna, working GPS, and great battery in a market crowded with more temperamental devices. So right now I'm going for a Flex unless the Round hits on a good carrier in my market. Was willing to go with Mega or Mini to match my 7.0 LTE but the Mega's too flippy with bad button placement and the Mini is a disaster quickly being demoted to the prepaid market.