LG G2 not registered?

chrgnthru

May 15, 2010
Visit site
So i've yet to receive the update that was released last week I believe so I decided to manually check. I keep getting a "Device Not Registered". How do I go about registering it? I bought this straight from AT&T brand new.

Scott Jacobs1

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue. I spoke with ATT and they said they had NO CLUE and gave me LG 800 number. LG said that it means there is not an update available for your phone. I said so instead of say no update availbe you say not registered...lol They said exactly! So, I dont know...

mandoman28

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
That can't be right because I never received the minor update that was just released.

I had received two minor updates Saturday morning, I received no notice either. My phone just started rebooting and installing the updates on it's own. I had just done a software update search on Thursday and received nothing,

This morning I did a search and got the Kit Kat update.

lh6461

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Im having the same problem. Running stock. Called lg and they said to call att. Att didnt know and told me to wait about a week and they might be able to force push it to me. Tried enabling carrier iq, and factory reset. Im stumped.

hjgarza0930

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I've spoke to several ATT tech support reps. They all gave me different answers. I've registered through the LG website also. The most recent rep seemed to be getting annoyed because all my imei numbers matched the system and I got the feeling he thought I was crazy. They all tried the remote ATT service app. I bought through best buy. Pretty sure it's a legit phone. I'm giving them til Monday before I start raising hell. He said it takes up to 72 hrs to push out to everybody. Starting with bigger cities. I live in a small town. Good luck guys.

raskal1130

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
At first, I got the minor updates about a week ago when I told it to update and it worked. I am still on 4.2.2 though. Since I wanted to get it onto Kit Kat, today I tried telling it to update now. Per instructions given by at&t to get Kit Kat (link below), I received the LG G2 Not Registered message and can't try again until tomorrow.

at&t: Update the LG G2 (D800)- AT&T Wireless Support 

hjgarza0930

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
That seems to be everyone's error message here. I do manually change the date one day to check again, but same error. Waiting til monday

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

chrgnthru

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Just chatted with AT&T Tech support. Everything on there end looks good and says I have the current software. They didn't have the ability to force push the update to me either, It may be due to the fact that I recently check and now have to wait a day to check again. He recommended that I do a factory reset but I'm not able to at the moment. They're supposed to call me back and see if the reset fixed my problem. He went on to say that if it doesn't they may need to start a warranty exchange request, so I'm not sure what the problem may be.

hjgarza0930

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I did a reset and it didn't help. Got mine through best buy and am wondering if that is the problem.

kristoph

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I had the not registered issue. I had to go into at&t and grab a new SIM. I then went online and started a chat with an at&t rep. I asked them to push both updates to my phone and while I was in the chat they pushed both updates. I'm now rooted on 4.4.2.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

kristoph

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Try live chatting again with a technical support rep. It took me two times to get rep who knew what I was talking about. First rep didn't even know the G2 had an update, and couldn't find any info on it.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

hjgarza0930

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
They ended up giving a warranty exchange. Overnighted it, put my Sim in. Started up. Checked for update and am now running KitKat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci