LG G2 status bar changed in Upgrade

HTRN65

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I received a Software Upgrade from LG this weekend 3/22/14, and after it completed loading, installing and reseting phone. Both My Wifes and My LG G2 had some more "APPS" loaded (that I will probably Not use), and We Think the most frustrating "NEW OPTION" is that the Status bar is now 2 shades of grey instead of what was grey and blue. Numerous calls to LG have not resolved a thing. One response I received is that We now have current Android Software --- with whatever else changes that LG pushed to us.

If anyone else wants to voice an opinion to LG, Give them a call.

I am going to attempt to post 2 Screen Shots Before and After.

Before:
Screenshot G2 Screen.jpg

After:
Screenshot G2 with bar.jpg

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Oh ewww lol. I don't like that at all. :(. Wonder if all carrier versions are like that. I'm with sprint and haven't gotten an update yet.

-Adam-
Sent from my LG-LS980.

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings, Display, then Front Touch Buttons. Put a checkmark next to Transparent Background (I assume you are set to Black Gradation already, going by the screenshot). Even with a white background, transparent isn't bad with black gradation.

Hmmm... I just noticed that the second screenshot shows transparent bottom buttons, yet your top (navigation bar) is not transparent. I just tinkered around with all the combinations and I think you are set to black instead of black gradation. So try black gradation with transparent and let us know if that solves your initial objection.

As far as all-white icons now instead of the cyan and white, that is a Kitkat specification that all carriers and developers are now supposed to adhere to. Of course existing apps may show their notification icons in a colour other than white but as apps are updated, they are supposed to be white if the version supported is 4.4+. I liked the cyan also but white isn't so bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theimperialtour