LG G3 Cases

blink1me82

May 27, 2013
Visit site
re: LG G3 Case or No Case?

No case for me, only tempered glass screen protector. I'm very careful with my phones and rarely ever drop them. I always purchase a square trade warranty as well just in case if I ever do crack the screen, the deductible is only $75.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

I have two cases for my g3 but i hate using them because the phone looks so good naked. What do you guys prefer?

Posted via the Android Central App

I dislike most cases. The phone is so much better without, but I picked up the quick circle cover recently and I really like it. Still keeps the slick look of the phone and adds wireless charging.

Sent from my VS985 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Chicago Pete

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: LG G3 Wireless charging WITHOUT awkward circle case

For AT&T variant, what is the embedded "coil" inside the back, that connects to the two "pins"...PMA? Is it possible to rig aluminum foil "jumpers" somehow to allow this to function?

Also, looking at the link for the product in question...do you peel back the edge of the stock "sticker" and slide this underneath?

Then use a Duacel PMA mat?

Is there an AT&T version? I didn't see one...

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

Wish they would just sell a normal back cover with wireless charging instead of just with the circle case

milobramble

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

Tech21 impactology. Feels like one is not even there.
571.jpg

Posted via the Android Central App with my T-Mobile G3.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Is there an AT&T version? I didn't see one...
ATT only supports PMA, not Qi. I have not searched hard being I have mobile version but I have only come a cross the Circle Case that ATT sells with PMA built in. Gotta love carriers.

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Re: Best case ever IMO

I was looking at this case for a while, but a lot of people have complained that the metal band interferes with signal big time. After testing, it was found that with this case on it degrades the signal by 50% or more. I don't think I am willing to take that big of a hit even though this is one of the nicer looking cases out there for this phone.

evoldroid

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Best case ever IMO

I was looking at this case for a while, but a lot of people have complained that the metal band interferes with signal big time. After testing, it was found that with this case on it degrades the signal by 50% or more. I don't think I am willing to take that big of a hit even though this is one of the nicer looking cases out there for this phone.

Im not experiencing any signal loss from it what so ever

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

This phone is too nice to ruin with a case. Just practice safe handling and you will be fine.

The only time I think I would ever opt for a case if there was some kind of extended battery replacement (ZeroLemon, anyone?) so I could go several days without needing to charge. Even in that situation, I might just reserve that case for trips that require such longevity. Otherwise, the battery in this phone is absolutely sufficient.

urrl

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

@ Gvndeb60
I ordered one since the wireless sticker thingy did not work for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvltech