LG G3 Cases

just1083

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the spigen slim armor and the clear bumper and I love both of them. Good protection without adding a lot of bulk to the phone.

From my LG G3

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I got the Verus flip like the one above in Wine but sent it back same day. The opening for the speaker looked liked it had been touched up with the wrong color paint or the original paint was fading or peeling...hard to say, nevertheless it looked like crap. Aside form that a very nice case for the money.

Last edited:

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
The best way that I've found to eliminate dust particles is to steam up your bathroom and do the installation in there. You'll always have a beautifully clean and dust free install this way. Try it with your next installation if you can.

Posted via Android Central App

That's how I normally do it, but I'm laid up on the couch after having a rod put in my tibia. I got a little impatient and decided to do it in my lap on the couch. Unfortunately I had to buy another one because the eBay retailer was a 3rd party and icarez wouldn't warranty even after they said they would. Oh well, live and learn. The new one is sitting on my table waiting for me to be able to go do it right this time. At least it was only $12 on Amazon and not $38 like the Mime that I usually buy for my phones.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
That's how I normally do it, but I'm laid up on the couch after having a rod put in my tibia. I got a little impatient and decided to do it in my lap on the couch. Unfortunately I had to buy another one because the eBay retailer was a 3rd party and icarez wouldn't warranty even after they said they would. Oh well, live and learn. The new one is sitting on my table waiting for me to be able to go do it right this time. At least it was only $12 on Amazon and not $38 like the Mime that I usually buy for my phones.

Funny thing, just recently, I tried cheating and doing it without steaming up my aunts bathroom because it wasn't my device and I was in a hurry. What could go wrong I thought?!? Installation was dead on but lord oh mighty the dust that was trapped underneath that screen just completely ruined everything, lol. So yeah, doing it the right way and some patience goes a long way with these things! Sorry to hear about your Tibia....hope you have a speedy recovery! Amazon is the best!! :)

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Mine came with little stickers you can use to remove dust, I cleaned the screen first, used this little stickers and put my tempered glass screen protector on in my kitchen with no problem at all...

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Spigen slim armor is a great case not too bulky but appears to have great protection. Something a little more light weight I just get the cheap tpu cases. Not a whole lot for drop protection, but keeps it from getting scratched and keeps the screen from touching when face down. Plus you can find them for real cheap. I paid $2 for mine just took 3 weeks to ship from China.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm a little gun shy to install the new screen cover even though the dust is really bothering me on this one. Wish I would have bought the first one from Amazon then I wouldn't have had to pay for 2.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a cracking case its the one Lg decided to opt for, it surrounds the screen nicely and is a dam good fit oh and the design is fantastic..

The original G3 look :)

Posted via the Android Central App

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I got the Otterbox Symmetry case. What I can say about it is that it fits really nicely. It kind of snugs around the phone and gives a feeling that the case and the phone are one. had it for about a month now and didn't have any issues. I got it from amazon.
Amazon.com: OtterBox OtterBox SYMMETRY SERIES for LG G3, BLACK (BLACK/BLACK) - Carrying Case - Retail Packaging - BLACK (BLACK/BLACK): Cell Phones & Accessories
View attachment 135328

Is the thickness of the case good enough for drop protection since its a single layer case rather than a dual layered one?? My brother has the Incipio case which I like but I may give the Symmetry a shot!

dark_ephemeral

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Here are some pictures I took last night of my Spigen Ultra Fit and Slim Armor cases in the mint color. They aren't the best pictures, but they will do.

Ultra Fit:
View attachment 128187View attachment 128188

Slim Armor:
View attachment 128189View attachment 128190

I was really unsure about the mint color when I ordered it, but now that I see it I am really fond of it. It is a really nice mint color and isn't too 'Tiffany Blue' bright.

As far as the cases go, I really like the Ultra Fit because you can see the mint from the front view of the phone. There is a small lip the keeps the screen from getting scratched if you put it face down, and a bit of a lip behind the charging jack to give the bottom a little more protection.

The Slim Armor fits around the entire device and provides more protection. It fits perfectly and provides more of a lip for the screen. The only downside for me personally is that I can only see the mint from the sides/back.

I've been hesitant about the slim armor adding bulk to the phone so I ordered the ultra fit in spigen in black for me, but seeing the slim armor, doesn't seem too bad. :D

dark_ephemeral

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: LG G3 Wireless charging WITHOUT awkward circle case

OK guys here you go. Looks great. If it is a cheap Chinese knock off and not an official European one, it is a good knock off. Fits great and looks perfect. I have a snap on Spigen ultra thin case and that still fits so it does not appear to be thicker, it is hard to tell just by looking.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/21/5b745877775279547ebcf22f95b20cb2.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/21/fb3756ec88a0df6ee1881ee4889e6697.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/21/8a2fb9eacf90447ecfb73ab1c0841b09.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/21/0504045dee19d7f7cde5cfaa49b01b6d.jpg

do you have the link to this?

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

I just bought this case from Best Buy
Insignia Softshell Case for LG G3 Cell Phones Black NS-LGG3T2B - Best Buy g3 cases&cp=1&lp=4

Just $14.99 and Love this case
- soft back and very slim
- good looking design
160z8ys.jpg

o7ni94.jpg

1z6fsr9.jpg

rbbdx4.jpg

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Yes, I've been using it for about a month now and I really like it. It doesn't provide much protection at all if that's what you're looking for though. I like the feel of it, not as slick as the regular back. It looks absolutely great on the phone, and the quick circle window is relatively functional. I do recommend spending the extra money and getting the wireless charging version.

kuhns787

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site

Has anyone tried the Incipio Octane Case? I was wondering how thick it is in comparison to a tpu case? I like the Ballistic Jewel cases but I have only seen them so far in clear and was hoping for pink, purple or teal like they had for the GS4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravi644