LG G3: Verizon

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty funny how no one believes anyone else around here. Verizon will be releasing the G3 for purchase in stores on July 17th. Let's meet back here then for flames or apologies.

Ciao for now.
Didn't say ya or nay. Just said I wouldn't be surprised. That's all. I've seen two theories and right now that's all they are. One says July 17th release for Verizon, and this other new one says August. At this point, I doubt I'll care, as I don't think I'll be changing phones. However, if they offer a BOGO, well, that'll be a different story. I might just have to buy 1 for 2 then. Either way, I'm not commenting on a release date. Just the comment that it might be later. Wouldn't surprise me. That's all.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's pretty funny how no one believes anyone else around here. Verizon will be releasing the G3 for purchase in stores on July 17th. Let's meet back here then for flames or apologies.

Ciao for now.

Most people just want to know the source of others information. We like to fact more rather than rumors :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

independentvolume

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I hope we're getting the good version with the extra ram. If not I'm getting the Nokia Icon. Heck, I still might get the icon depending on how the g3 feels in hand.

funguy123us

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Verizon : Hello Can anyone here me?

I thought Verizon suppose to get the LG G3 first? At this point it's looking they will be last if they ever get this phone. I just don't get it, what's the point of hiding the dates if they already know.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon : Hello Can anyone here me?

Because they want to sell what they have on the shelf versus customers waiting for future phones.

I thought Verizon suppose to get the LG G3 first? At this point it's looking they will be last if they ever get this phone. I just don't get it, what's the point of hiding the dates if they already know.

budven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon : Hello Can anyone here me?

Verizon rep told me they get it last so everyone else can work out the bugs. bla...bla...bla

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Not only are they only motivated to sell whats on the floor, but the company really does keep them in the dark about impending release dates until the very last minute so that they don't hold back on selling what's there. So no, they aren't lying to you. The people at the store just don't know.

Ofcourse there are people above the store level that know...but no one is going to name a source and lose their jobs over leaking a release date. Itll show up when it shows up.

spawn9859

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Release date?!?!

I am an ATT rep and we just got an email yesterday about an LG Webinar beginning on Monday 7/7 and that we needed to have the device in stock for "Launch 7/11". The exact wording is as follows:

Be on the LOOKOUT:
Details coming soon on G3 training webinars beginning on Monday 7/7
and announcement of another famous thinklg.com Earn & Learn a G3 device!!
(hint: you will want to have G3 in stock to prepare for the launch 7/11 and Earn and Learn)

dmullins8

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Came across this post showing the G3 on the different carriers, if this is true then VZW again has to be different.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 46233.jpg
    46233.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 243

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why they feel the need to change things and continuously screw up the lg phone. The original design on the g2 and g3 are great. Verizon screwed up the g2 big. This one at least seems only cosmetic. Still not as good looking.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

dmullins8

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why they feel the need to change things and continuously screw up the lg phone. The original design on the g2 and g3 are great. Verizon screwed up the g2 big. This one at least seems only cosmetic. Still not as good looking.

I know what you mean, I really liked the brush look. Who at VZW made the decision to change the look? They should be fired!

Posted via Android Central App

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

Wireless charging was a nice addition to the g2.. Was it worth the micro buttons? Probably not

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Nothing has changed. They added brush look to camera ring. And it looks like wireless charging is included.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Nothing has changed. They added brush look to camera ring. And it looks like wireless charging is included.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
The color / finish is clearly different. Would be cool if wireless was included not sure what makes you think it is from that pic