LG G3 What phone did you come from?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
You know... I haven't plugged it into my car yet... I'll have to give it a shot.
There's a pretty lengthy thread on it on XDA, so it kind of scared me for a second. I use my phone for music a lot, and really don't like what I'm reading. But I'm not done looking into this phone yet!

John Rouse

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I came from note 3. I do not miss it and haven't looked back. I love the ui over touch wiz that Samsung offers. Very happy with my g3 only complaint is that I wish it had a little bit larger battery to support the massive screen and resolution. Love the camera on the g3.

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Last 12 months: bb z10, nokia 920, ssmsung galaxy note 2 htc one m7, oppo find 5, lg g pro, bb q10 and than my beloved lg g3! If it keeps having updates than i hope ill be able to use it till may.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Shoulders

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I came from a Nokia 920 and I loved that phone, but Windows Phone is going nowhere and the quality of the apps that are available is pretty poor.

Android has matured really well over the last few years I've been on Windows Phone. And the G3 is an awesome bit of kit!

Posted via the Android Central App

GunmetalR56

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a Note II. It took me a couple of days to adjust to LCD again after using AMOLED for so long but I'm very happy with the enhanced detail I'm seeing on the G3 and I love the interface.

HennersL

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Came from the HTC One (M7). The M8 didn't interest me at all as HTC didn't focus on fixing what was essentially wrong with the M7 and instead kinda made it worse in my opinion (If the whole point of the Ultrapixel gamble was better low light performance, then why did they remove OIS?).

Wasn't particularly looking to change phone but my M7's battery really started to struggle and it was constantly overheating. Was somewhat interested in the OnePlus One but the hype quickly ran out and then the G3 was announced, so here we are now :) Generally pleased with the G3, a few niggles with it that I wish were ironed out (and an unlockable bootloader please, LG), but a great device otherwise.

ybcthanerd

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: What phone did you come from?

came from note 3 def like this g3 jus missing sum of the short cuts from touchwiz but its pretty good def goin back for tha note 4 tho

sparkyman22

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: What phone did you come from?

I came from a bb z10, i had no big complaints with the z10 other than the 1800mah battery. Getting work done the z10 had the hub with all the messages in one place and the swiping on screen was efficient. Now i have the lg watch and I can quickly preview my messages once they come in and see who is calling and decide if I need to answer right away. I don't have to constantly pull my phone out to see if the message is urgent, when I get a call I need to answer I don't even need to take the phone out, I just swipe on the watch and talk on my bluetooth. That way my battery is about 40% at the end of the day cause the screen isn't on constantly just looking at messages. My LG G3 is a beast and I couldn't ask for much more.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Now that I'm selling my S5 I guess I can say that's the phone I came from.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

LGElectronics

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
HennersL,
Thanks for the love on the LG G3! Your feedback and suggestions are greatly appreciated and as you can see, LG is always open to suggestions and incorporating them into their products to bring you products whose features match your needs.^IFV

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
HennersL,
Thanks for the love on the LG G3! Your feedback and suggestions are greatly appreciated and as you can see, LG is always open to suggestions and incorporating them into their products to bring you products whose features match your needs.^IFV

Cool. How about offering a replacement back cover with a PMA receiver for those of us strong armed by AT&T?

Sent from Frope's sweet G3.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
HennersL,
Timely updates and continued support will keep the love alive. I took a chance don't make me regret it.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Is that LG dude for real? Do we have social media types from OEMs roaming our halls?

Because if it is, not quite sure how I feel about that. Kudos to LG if it's legit though.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Speaking for my wife here, she replaced her iPhone 4S. So yes, she went from a 3.5" screen to a 5.5". She's back on Android again, thankfully, so I can now help her with any issues/enhancements. Take it as you will, but you can imagine the difference in experience between the 2 phones. And so far she is happy. Now to keep me happy LG, keep up with the updates like Motorola has with my Moto X and everything will be fine.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
S4, g2, s5, g3. I have to say I loved all of them I'm just waiting to find the one I don't get bored with in 4-5 months. I just hope the dev community for the g3 will be better than the s5, because that was the worst phone I've owned as far as development goes.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Cervantesmx

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I came from a bb z10, i had no big complaints with the z10 other than the 1800mah battery. Getting work done the z10 had the hub with all the messages in one place and the swiping on screen was efficient. Now i have the lg watch and I can quickly preview my messages once they come in and see who is calling and decide if I need to answer right away. I don't have to constantly pull my phone out to see if the message is urgent, when I get a call I need to answer I don't even need to take the phone out, I just swipe on the watch and talk on my bluetooth. That way my battery is about 40% at the end of the day cause the screen isn't on constantly just looking at messages. My LG G3 is a beast and I couldn't ask for much more.
Man this is exactly why I want the watch, but it is just so damn expensive. I'd save so much battery life as well.

Oh and before my G3 I had a Galaxy Nexus 😀

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick