LG G3 What phone did you come from?

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: What phone did you come from?

I came from the T-Mobile Note 3 to the Verizon G3. I am happier with the G3. It has a similar sized screen and it fits better in the pocket. The screen is amazing. The camera is great and it takes great pictures. I really like the buttons on the back. However, I think the battery could use a boost. The 3,000 mAh power isn't quite enough.

I thought I was going to miss the S pen on the Note 3, but to be honest, I didn't use it all that much except to take quick notes. And I absolutely got tired of TouchWiz. The UI on the G3 is so much better.

bjballar41

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site

Coming from a moto x before that note 2 I miss my big screen. Phone should be here today finally

Posted via Android Central App

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I came from the T-Mobile Note 3 to the Verizon G3. I am happier with the G3. It has a similar sized screen and it fits better in the pocket. The screen is amazing. The camera is great and it takes great pictures. I really like the buttons on the back. However, I think the battery could use a boost. The 3,000 mAh power isn't quite enough.

I thought I was going to miss the S pen on the Note 3, but to be honest, I didn't use it all that much except to take quick notes. And I absolutely got tired of TouchWiz. The UI on the G3 is so much better.

I agree that they should have opted for a 3500mah battery.

But its not bad with my average screen on time of between 4 1/2 to 5hrs.

With the Z2 I can get closer to 7hrs of screen on time or just over can't quite remember.

Maybe a 3500mah battery will become available?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the useful thread!

Currently deciding if I want to come over to the G3 from the Nexus 5 (or wait for Nexus 6).

Anyone have any comments about moving from stock android on Nexus 5 to G3?

Have owned several Blackberry's, T-Mobile (HTC) G2, Galaxy Note, HTC One (M7), now Nexus 5.

I'm curious as well. Been using a Nexus 5 off and on for about 4 months and really like it. But the G3 has something that just draws me in.

chasemyaccord

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site

Came from an S3 (which served me very well for two years). I only have minor gripes with the G3 so far. I'd rate it 9/10.

I only have a touch screen sensitivity issue (hard to swap some pieces in Candy Crush and sometimes my word gets broken up in Scramble with Friends). Might have to do with the fact I still have the stock protector on the screen (waiting for new one to come in), but others have reported issues as well. Hope it's not a hardware defect. Other than that, battery life has been good, speed hasn't been an issue, and screen is beautiful.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
In the last 12 months I've had HTC One M7, Moto X, Nexus 5, HTC One M8. Now the LG G3.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

ericlc2

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Just came from the sony z1s cause I had an upgrade available with the jump program. Plan on getting the z2 when it comes out. Hope to enjoy this, didn't do much research.

MC_A_DOT

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Came from a galaxy s3 then that randomly broke 2 weeks ago so switched back to my blackberry torch 9800.... Felt like a caveman. My G3 came today with the LG G watch, this is amazing.

I feel like James bond.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I agree that they should have opted for a 3500mah battery.

But its not bad with my average screen on time of between 4 1/2 to 5hrs.

With the Z2 I can get closer to 7hrs of screen on time or just over can't quite remember.

Maybe a 3500mah battery will become available?

I think I would have preferred a non removable larger battery than the removable smaller one. Also they should have built in the qi charging.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Came from a Nexus 5 which I still have as a spare. So far, I am realy liking the screen, camera and battery on the G3 when compared to my N5 which wasn't nearly as good. I think the camera on the G3 is plain wicked as far as picture quality. Battery life could be a touch beefier but i'm ok with it. I did miss stock android but the more and more i use the G3 as my daily driver, I miss sock less and less. Overall, it's a very solid and snappy device.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Came from nexus 5 which I really enjoyed. First phone that I'm keeping as a back up instead of immediately selling it. Some things I miss about it but when I'm using the n5 there are things I wish I had from the g3. So what can you do. Loving the battery life. Easily double what I was getting from the n5 with my use.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Came from a Nexus 5 which I still have as a spare. So far, I am realy liking the screen, camera and battery on the G3 when compared to my N5 which wasn't nearly as good. I think the camera on the G3 is plain wicked as far as picture quality. Battery life could be a touch beefier but i'm ok with it. I did miss stock android but the more and more i use the G3 as my daily driver, I miss sock less and less. Overall, it's a very solid and snappy device.

Same here. Came from nexus 5 which I really enjoyed. First phone that I'm keeping as a back up instead of immediately selling it. Some things I miss about it but when I'm using the n5 there are things I wish I had from the g3. So what can you do. Loving the battery life. Easily double what I was getting from the n5 with my use.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app
These are the kind of things I'm looking for. I have a Nexus 5, but can't help but be interested in the G3. Especially for that camera. And now that you can easily use the GEL, I'm even more tempted. I could still make it look Stock-ish, without rooting, and still get all the perks of having a non-stock device. I'm really leaning that way now. And I'd still have my Nexus 7 to go back to for some stock love.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
These are the kind of things I'm looking for. I have a Nexus 5, but can't help but be interested in the G3. Especially for that camera. And now that you can easily use the GEL, I'm even more tempted. I could still make it look Stock-ish, without rooting, and still get all the perks of having a non-stock device. I'm really leaning that way now. And I'd still have my Nexus 7 to go back to for some stock love.

My thoughts exactly. I have a nexus 7 that I use which has stock android and like you said if you want you can make your G3 stock-ish if you choose too without root. So far, I find LG's UI colorful but not cartoonish and light. ZDevice is very snappy. If you do decide to invest in a G3 I doubt you will be disappointed. Lots of "Useable" features, plus the screen, camera and battery are all Wins!!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I made the same journey... had a Nexus 5, loved it... decided to live life and sew my wild (digital) oats... Picked up a G3 and don't regret it. I had a thread chronicling the trials and tribulations of a former Nexus user....

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I made the same journey... had a Nexus 5, loved it... decided to live life and sew my wild (digital) oats... Picked up a G3 and don't regret it. I had a thread chronicling the trials and tribulations of a former Nexus user....
Been reading up on the G3 a little bit more. Definitely looking into getting it. It has everything I want, aside from super fast updates. But I was also reading about some aux input problems with playing music that way, and it's starting to turn me off a bit. I listen to a lot of music in the car that way. And don't have any issue with it on my Nexus. Have you noticed any issues like that?

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Been reading up on the G3 a little bit more. Definitely looking into getting it. It has everything I want, aside from super fast updates. But I was also reading about some aux input problems with playing music that way, and it's starting to turn me off a bit. I listen to a lot of music in the car that way. And don't have any issue with it on my Nexus. Have you noticed any issues like that?

I haven't had any, no. I've only actually used the AUX input one or twice via cable, play mostly via Bluetooth

Sent from my VS985 4G using AC Forums mobile app

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
You know... I haven't plugged it into my car yet... I'll have to give it a shot.