LG G3 with Android M 6.0 OTA update

Forte-X

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
To think just a month ago you didn't even believe that TMO would do it. I am still waiting for Sprint.

Posted via the Android Central App

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I have not gotten the OTA yet from T-mo either.

Wondering if anyone has, or if anyone side loaded it.

The last 2 times I got excited and immediately downloaded T-mo's update, I had to wait for the update to the update to het my phone to work again.

So not overly anxious to quickly download this one

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded yesterday to marshmallow over the air on my T-Mobile version of the LG G3. Wow, this is the upgrade we was waiting. Everything seen to work fast and apps open very quickly. Definitely a great update over Lollipop.

ryan B1

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded yesterday to marshmallow over the air on my T-Mobile version of the LG G3. Wow, this is the upgrade we was waiting. Everything seen to work fast and apps open very quickly. Definitely a great update over Lollipop.

Wow happy you finally got it but I'm still waiting for it ....weird how I didn't get it do they send it in by groups to each person daily or something? Cause I have the same phone and carrier

Posted From muh G3

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Wow happy you finally got it but I'm still waiting for it ....weird how I didn't get it do they send it in by groups to each person daily or something? Cause I have the same phone and carrier

Posted From muh G3
I think is by group or serial number that they send the update. Don't worry you will get it soon, just keep checking the software update setting. Because, it didn't pop up for me until I hit it.

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
As much as I said I wasn't going to do it because it ALWAYS cause's more problems than it solves.

I did the marshmallow update.

I had to turn off and clear the Google framework app in order to get it to recognize the update, And, even though it saw the update. . It would only download it overnight.

But, happy to say.

Been running it all day with NO issues.

Seems to be a little snappier and no freezing.

Only dislike is the new fonts. As much as I like the times new Roman look, not so much on my phone

Donovan Brite

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Is this good battery life for an LG G3 on Marshmallow? I feel like it was a lot better on lollipop... 😕

Attachments

• 2044.jpg
    2044.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 24

skankinstudios

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm STILL running 5.0, and it's now 22 Aug 2016..!
I'm entirely stock, never ever rooted or anything..!
What the hell is going on?..!
I should surely be running 6.0+ at least by now.
(By the way, I'm using an LG G3 D-855 on UK Three network)

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to XDA, under the G3 forums there is a thread that fixes this.

There is an android file you have to stop first. Once you do that and reboot, it sees the new ota and will download it.

I had to do the same thing to mine.