LG G4 TMobile USA Marshmallow update

shupor

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Finally got the update and it turns out my Yahoo email crashes the stock email app.
I get the 'unfortunately email has stopped' error.

App source also crashes when i try launch the app.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Finally got the update and it turns out my Yahoo email crashes the stock email app.
I get the 'unfortunately email has stopped' error.

App source also crashes when i try launch the app.

You can add it to your Gmail app. Sucks about the error though.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I received the ota last week. Sadly I want to flash back to 5.1.1 lg did a very poor job with this update. This phone refuses to sleep. Let alone doze. Tried a factory reset. Next step if I see no improvement is to dump this phone and lg.

Posted via the Android Central App

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone received it OTA instead of going the LG bridge route?

I just had it pop up last night. Hesitant to install it though as I've found all too often that major OS updates tend to do more bad than good for smartphones.

If anyone wants to talk me in to installing it, I'd love to hear the reasons why. My main concern is maintaining similar battery life as Lollipop gave me.

bigdave757

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine phone works fine with MM. Actually my battery life has been wayyyyyyy better. But everyone is different

KyonCoraeL

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I just had it pop up last night. Hesitant to install it though as I've found all too often that major OS updates tend to do more bad than good for smartphones.

If anyone wants to talk me in to installing it, I'd love to hear the reasons why. My main concern is maintaining similar battery life as Lollipop gave me.

The battery life is pretty similar, the positive thing is that standby time has increased substantially. However, some rogue apps or Marshmallow unoptimized apps could be causing additional battery drain. If I leave my phone alone for 6 hours, I can expect it to drain less than 2% with Marshmallow.

Bad news is that they changed the swipe up gesture for google now to a hold home button, which in my opinion is less convenient.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Early indications after the factory reset seem very positive. My phone is dozing properly. With hope this continues. Guess i will go back to resetting my phone after every update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz