LG G4: Unfortunately camera has stopped+unfortunately call has stopped...Plzz help!!!

A

AC Question

So this happened to me about three months ago...my sim was in my iphone at that time...so i did not use my g4 for calling purposes...but i remember the camera error at that time...i somehow fixed it by searching for solution and trying different things i dont quite remeber...and i cant find them either on the internet...

But now when my iphone is gone i used my g4 for a week maybe...and it happens again...i cannot accept incoming call(no window for it)..the error "unfortunately call has stopped appears several times...when i open camera it does not respond for either of the cameras..."unfortunately camera has stopped" appears...this message also shows up 3 or 4 times when i restart my phone... tried all that clear chache,safe mode, bull**** and even restrored it in desperation losing all my data...nothing worked...

My phone model is LG G4 H818-p

Please suggest a solution that works...not the above bull****....

gravitas6

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Hey!

I have the same problem. A day ago, I received my phone from ebay. And it was working fine. The next morning, I woke up and my phone's call + camera was not working. I got the same error as you. So, I updated my phone. Worked fine the next day. And then the same thing happened today: woke up, and the call + camera is not working. I've tried everything that you have tried.

Wonder what's up? It's odd that it's happening to both of us around the same time. When did you notice the issue? Must be software related in my opinion. Perhaps some update is messing our phones? But I tried opening my phone from safe mode and I still have the same issues.

Malia Kong

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Mine stopped working July 31 - I restarted it twice and it worked again and now it has stopped working all night on August 2. This is very frustrating as I got the phone strictly for the camera! I'm in the middle of restoring my phone now so I'm unsure of the call feature but the flashlight won't work either.

The ONLY thing I have done differently in these past few days is download Pokemon Go on the 31st. It is the only thing I can think of that may have started this bug, but unless neither of you downloaded it then that cancels my theory out.

gravitas6

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Mine stopped working July 31 - I restarted it twice and it worked again and now it has stopped working all night on August 2. This is very frustrating as I got the phone strictly for the camera! I'm in the middle of restoring my phone now so I'm unsure of the call feature but the flashlight won't work either.

The ONLY thing I have done differently in these past few days is download Pokemon Go on the 31st. It is the only thing I can think of that may have started this bug, but unless neither of you downloaded it then that cancels my theory out.

I think I have figured out the issue. I restarted my phone early in the morning yesterday and it has been working so far. I believe it is software related. I also downloaded Pokemon Go the day before yesterday, and my phone stopped working after I downloaded. However, my phone stopped working previous to that too, so Im not sure if it's due to Pokemon Go.

Anyway, I noticed something peculiar. My phone would would work after a factory reset and it would stop working after I would sleep. It seemed to stop working some time during the night. How could this be? I wondered. Maybe it was related to some of my apps being updated during the night. So, I factory reset my phone and then turned off automatic updating on the app store and it has been working ever since. I believe there is an app on the app store that once updated causes this problem.

Also, I am periodically clearing the cache and data.

I find it odd that you starting facing this problem on July 31. That's when it started for me too.

gravitas6

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
So, today while I was turning the camera on I got the same error and I cleared the cache and data for the following apps:

Camera
Call
Call services
Gallery

And then I clicked reset app preferences. I was then soon promoted if I wanted to use the regular interface or the easy interface. I clicked the easy interface just to see what would happen because I thought maybe the glitch might be related to which interface I'm using. Oddly, once I clicked the easy interface, the camera and call feature was working properly again.

I'm pretty sure this is firmware/software related. Not sure if just clearing cache and data solved the problem. It seems like there's some sort of bug that stops the camera and call feature from working properly. This probably isn't a hardware issue. I think it's related to the new firmware update that went out recently. But if someone knows what's actually happening then please let me know.

Malia Kong

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Mine has been working all day so far, one restart and I was good. I will also turn off my auto updates as well in hopes it'll prevent it from happening again.

Funnily enough, my volume down button won't work as of this morning but everything else seems ok now. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?! This phone has been nothing but amazing for 1.5 years and now it's suddenly everything, I can't screenshot now it's driving me nuts lol

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Maybe post the software version info for your phones, and your carriers? You can get this from settings, about phone, software info. The "software version" is probably the key piece you want from that screen.

It might help identifying what is common between you.

gravitas6

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Mine has been working all day so far, one restart and I was good. I will also turn off my auto updates as well in hopes it'll prevent it from happening again.

Funnily enough, my volume down button won't work as of this morning but everything else seems ok now. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?! This phone has been nothing but amazing for 1.5 years and now it's suddenly everything, I can't screenshot now it's driving me nuts lol

My phone stopped working properly again yesterday. Not sure why. It was working fine for a week and then it stopped working yesterday. Hopefully you don't face the same problem.

My software version is H81120o and it's unlocked but it was originally from T mobile. Now, it's with Wind, an American company. It's an LG-H811. What's yours?

Malia Kong

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Mine has been fine since the rebeoot and update, no crashes since I last posted so my fingers are crossed. Oddly enough my volume button JUST started to work again tonight so I came back here to post that to see if there were any changes for you.

I don't know what that means but mine is H81220v, mine is unlocked as well but I'm from Canada and it's from Bell.

gravitas6

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
My LG G 4 stopped working properly again. I think I'm going to downgrade to Lollipop and see if that fixes any issues my phone has.

Also, not sure as to why I said America. I'm also in Canada.

katiejo911

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
This is what happened to me. Took pictures this morning, then suddenly the camera stopped working (unfortunately, the camera has stopped working) and the phone stopped working (unfortunately, the phone has stopped working) and the blue tooth stopped working as well (turn by turn directions on both google maps and here we go are silent), which would be fine except I'm traveling and need the directions, the phone and the camera. So, specifically, step by step, what do I need to do?

Before you ask, yes I've restarted it multiple times and yes I've removed the battery and returned it.

Last edited by a moderator:

katiejo911

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
so, what is the "easy interface" and how do I find it? I've tried to us the phone and it keeps coming up with the "phone not working" message even after I've hung up the phone.