LG Nexus

KingKondiment

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
http://www.droid-life.com/2012/10/0...exus-plus-samsung-htc-and-sony-rumored-again/

According to this article, LG, Samsung, and Sony are in the running.

With the rumors about multiple devices from multiple manufacturers, all with a different spin on the same idea, I don't think we'll have a final answer until it's official. I'm just hoping the consumer options are clear from the beginning, instead of LG and Sony today, HTC and Moto two months later, ending with a bunch of possibly disappointed early adopters.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
http://www.droid-life.com/2012/10/0...exus-plus-samsung-htc-and-sony-rumored-again/

With the rumors about multiple devices from multiple manufacturers, all with a different spin on the same idea, I don't think we'll have a final answer until it's official. I'm just hoping the consumer options are clear from the beginning, instead of LG and Sony today, HTC and Moto two months later, ending with a bunch of possibly disappointed early adopters.

I agree with you. Hopefully Google spells out exactly when and if these multiple phones are coming out. If they take the stage with just LG to start and say nothing about the timeline for future phones from other manufacturers, that's not good.

agentmobile

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I was reading today on android talk that LG nexus is confirmed. They said its gonna be a Optimus V nexus except with curved corners instead of sharp ones. They said the back has "Nexus" on it with the "X" in the four google logo colors. They said it will have a brighter screen than the galaxy nexus but is similar in size. I guess some journalist from android talk checked it out. Oh and it supposedly has a 8 MP camera not 13MP

Tapatalk

severinj

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

This is exactly what I'm afraid of. There are quite a few reasons why it seems like a bad idea to let these companies make their own Nexus handsets as long as they follow guidelines. There is no way they're going to be released at the same time, and there is no way they're all going to be GSM. If Verizon gets one and it ends up being better than the other ones...How would the Nexus supporters react? A lot of them would be really turned off from this whole issue (especially me) and I don't see how they can do this in a clean way. The specs are going to have to be different for each phone... Otherwise there would be no reason to have multiple Nexus devices. I don't know, this whole situation seems like it's going too far to dilute the Nexus experience.

No one is going to want to be that guy with the lowest end Nexus device when there are other options available. I am really worried about how they're going to handle this release and what they're doing to make sure it is fair to everyone.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
To the above nexus devices have never been about specs, since they dont have a skin and bloatware preloaded onto them they dont really need the extra power, if the s3 or one x were running vanilla android they could easily run the next 5 major android os updates.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

severinj

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus One was a powerhouse device in its time that essentially trounced the competitors. The last 2 Nexus devices have been Galaxy S phones without bloat and minor modifications.

I don't understand the idea that the Nexus devices were "never about specs." Someone said that one day and everyone just started mentioning it like they do with Samsung and "cheap quality" in the same sentence. The Nexus may be a reference phone but there is absolutely no reason it has to be subpar spec wise. People talk about stock Jellybean like it runs perfectly but the truth of the matter is it doesn't run as perfectly as people say on the Nexus 7. Whether that is Google's software or the tegra 3 just not being up to par I don't legitimately know... I just know it should be better. (and I'm sure it could be)

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Wasn't the Galaxy Nexus the first 720p display? The GSII models all had WVGA even at 4.5". That's a huge difference.

severinj

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it also had a worse GPU, worse processor, worse camera, and a pentile screen that everyone hated. Was the 720p screen a cool first? Sure, but you'd have to turn a blind eye to not see all the problems people had with it because of it not being RGB. The GS2 was absolutely a better spec'd phone. People even speculated Samsung did it on purpose so the GN sales wouldn't bite into their own.

I don't think Nexus devices should be made so they won't eat profit from other phones... They should be made top of the line like every other top phone is made to achieve in one way or another.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
What about the Nokia nexus that was spotted last month with green accents. That would b wicked combo

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

NexusQ

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't mind LG making the next Nexus, they seem to have great tech but not great hardware design.

The Nexus 7 doesn't look like any previous Asus tablet, at least not that I know of. So if Google and LG can make a phone that takes the tech of LG and the design from Google I think this could be a nice phone.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I've gone from wanting to buy the upcoming Optimus Nexus (or whatever it's called), to now NOT wanting to buy it based on Phil's post on the front page. 8 or 16GB storage only? That's a non starter for me. I currently have a 32GB iPhone and I feel that isn't enough, there's no way I could go back to even 16GB. I can't believe Google would do that, I *really* hope the rumor is wrong.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The LG Nexus G/Optimus Nexus is probably a non-carrier variant of those new LG phones that are leaking. ;)

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Guess this answers why vzw is skipping the carrier version and going with lg nexus version.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Well its not really a consumer device but a platform for developers to test there apps and such. So there is no need for alot of onboard storage
I've gone from wanting to buy the upcoming Optimus Nexus (or whatever it's called), to now NOT wanting to buy it based on Phil's post on the front page. 8 or 16GB storage only? That's a non starter for me. I currently have a 32GB iPhone and I feel that isn't enough, there's no way I could go back to even 16GB. I can't believe Google would do that, I *really* hope the rumor is wrong.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Well its not really a consumer device but a platform for developers to test there apps and such. So there is no need for alot of onboard storage

IMO, that "definition" of Nexus is changing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Well its really more Google's fault then vzw. Until Google steps in and releases the vzw/sprint nexus those phones will suffer. Apple can sell one phone with multiple bands that works on every carrier. Sell them outside vzw in there own stores.
Yup, it's a good thing Verizon has an immaculate track record when it comes to Nexus handsets.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Everyone says Motorola can not build the next Nexus because it would show favoritism.

Motorola came out swinging with the new Razr line up saying "We've only just begun"

Rumors of Google allowing anyone to build a Nexus phone as long as they adhere to some guidelines

Maybe I have had too much coffee, but I think everything is falling in place for a Motorola built Nexus and soon. Google is opening the Nexus line so if Motorola releases one it will not show any favoritism. We have only seen the tip of what Google is doing with Motorola with the new Razr lineup, in fact Motorola already had those in their plans and Google made enhancements. I have seen where someone said the LG Nexus is not coming to VZW and that leaves VZW without a Nexus, perfect fit and timing for Motorola. What do you think?

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Everyone says Motorola can not build the next Nexus because it would show favoritism.

Motorola came out swinging with the new Razr line up saying "We've only just begun"

Rumors of Google allowing anyone to build a Nexus phone as long as they adhere to some guidelines

Maybe I have had too much coffee, but I think everything is falling in place for a Motorola built Nexus and soon. Google is opening the Nexus line so if Motorola releases one it will not show any favoritism. We have only seen the tip of what Google is doing with Motorola with the new Razr lineup, in fact Motorola already had those in their plans and Google made enhancements. I have seen where someone said the LG Nexus is not coming to VZW and that leaves VZW without a Nexus, perfect fit and timing for Motorola. What do you think?

Occam RAZR Nexus -- believe!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downthisroad4