LG Stylo 4 Launcher

miniracer2003

Aug 16, 2017
Visit site
I don't know about you guys, but I love LG hardware while the software is kinda lacking. Because of that, i swapped out the stock launcher and replaced it with Microsoft Launcher. I have to say, this is an awesome launcher and not even just for this phone. It has tons of features but isn't a resource hog. The Stylo 4 on Cricket (my phone) is by no means a powerhouse in the processor and RAM department, but the Snapdragon 450 and 3GB of RAM perform admirably. Anyone else swap out their launcher for better performance on their Stylo 4?

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
The Stylo is a device manufactured by LG. And you can select the default launcher via the settings on any Android phone.
Thanks for reply. Where do you "select the default launcher via the settings on any Android phone."?
I switched from iphone to android in 2012, but in just now looking thru my settings, in my S7A, I don't see a default launcher setting choice.

And right, I knew it was by LG. That's why I asked why the Stylo 4 isn't listed under the LG phone choices, on the Forums main page?

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for reply. Where do you "select the default launcher via the settings on any Android phone."?
I switched from iphone to android in 2012, but in just now looking thru my settings, in my S7A, I don't see a default launcher setting choice.

And right, I knew it was by LG. That's why I asked why the Stylo 4 isn't listed under the LG phone choices, on the Forums main page?
Oh, I didn't know it wasn't listed as an LG device.

Regarding the launcher. Settings, apps, default apps, (may be in the 3 dot menu in the upper right hand corner if you're on a Samsung devices) then the home screen menu. I'm on the S8. I don't know how different this looks for you on the S7. Screenshot_20180928-155432_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20180928-155439_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20180928-155445_Settings.jpg

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I didn't know it wasn't listed as an LG device.

Regarding the launcher. Settings, apps, default apps, (may be in the 3 dot menu in the upper right hand corner if you're on a Samsung devices) then the home screen menu. I'm on the S8. I don't know how different this looks for you on the S7. View attachment 291279View attachment 291280View attachment 291281

Oh ! Thanks !=) Yeah that works, but I only have the two default TouchWiz launchers; 'TouchWiz easy home' & 'TouchWiz home'. Looks like the 'TW easy home' makes everything GIANT ! :eek:

It's been so long since I've been around here (used to read the forum daily from Oct 2012 til approx March 3013), and I remember reading all the time about other/aftermarket/custom launchers, such as your Nova, and rooting and whatnot (as I was considering rooting my GS3), etc . . . . but I don't recall how you go about getting and installing them. =(

Thanks again for the tip ;)

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Oh ! Thanks !=) Yeah that works, but I only have the two default TouchWiz launchers; 'TouchWiz easy home' & 'TouchWiz home'. Looks like the 'TW easy home' makes everything GIANT ! :eek:

It's been so long since I've been around here (used to read the forum daily from Oct 2012 til approx March 3013), and I remember reading all the time about other/aftermarket/custom launchers, such as your Nova, and rooting and whatnot (as I was considering rooting my GS3), etc . . . . but I don't recall how you go about getting and installing them. =(

Thanks again for the tip ;)
They're in the Play Store. Action Launcher. Nova. There's plenty to choose from. I highly recommend both actually.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah, Action & Nova Launcher. Thanks again. Are there a few other popular ones?
And so you just download them, and then when you choose 'install' they populate the Apps > Default apps > Home screen menu?

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
They're in the Play Store. Action Launcher. Nova. There's plenty to choose from. I highly recommend both actually.
Actually, just realized I'm happy with what I've already customized, as I have a few .jpg's I've downloaded over the last year or so -- that I set and really like for my home screens, and I use the Gboard keyboard -- that I also customized with some beautiful landscapes etc. So thanks again, but I guess I'm good.

Last edited:

geagle63

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
didn't really feel the need to install a different launcher on the Stylo 4. it has a buttload of customization options built right into it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Muhammed Hanan