LG Vista II Reached Bricked State, but I Have Second Phone of Exact Same Model: Transfer All Data?

TurtleShroom

Nov 3, 2019
Visit site
Good afternoon.

For about the past five years, I have happily used a LG Vista II computer phone for all my cellular needs. However, last week, my computer phone suddenly failed. I would turn it on, and a bright blue screen would appear. Then, the phone would go black and become unresponsive. The only way to power off the phone was to physically remove the battery.

I Googled this matter and was told that the issue is because of a motherboard failure. Since I had dropped the phone recently, I assumed that it was because of that accident.

Anyway, to my luck (or possibly my chagrin), I happen to own a spare LG Vista II computer phone, which is the exact same make and model of my other one. What I want to do is take my failed phone to a computer phone repair center and have its data copied to my new one. (My bricked phone should still have its memory intact, even if the motherboard failed.)

Before following this path, I wanted to present this question to the first site that showed up on Google and see if I could recover it myself, or whatever else.

Thank you for any assistance you may render.
-TURTLESHROOM

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The only way to do what you want is to remove the integrated circuit (the Snapdragon 617) from the old motherboard and install it on the new motherboard (and throw the new chip out). The problem is that it could be this IC that's what failed (and very likely is - and if it's gone, so is the memory on it). And no shop is going to do that kind of work - they'll replace motherboards, but they won't replace components on the motherboard. (It takes some specialized equipment to do that, and at least a few years of experience doing it.)

Maybe from now on, you'll keep anything important backed up to the cloud, or to another device - like a PC or laptop (or both).

Sorry, but consider the data gone.

TurtleShroom

Nov 3, 2019
Visit site
I was told it was a motherboard error. I have no way to prove it or not. Have you ever seen an instance where the phone only loads a blue screen, then goes to black and it was unresponsive?

Also, with my second phone of the same model, how do I recover any backed up I may have had?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it was a Google backup, any phone set up with the same Google account will restore the backup. If it's a different backup, it depends on the backup.

As far as the original problem, yes, and it could be due to any of a number of things, The first thing to try is to replace the motherboard, but if the shop doesn't have a used, known-good one, they'll order one, charge you for it, and if that's not the problem, go on from there - but you'll still pay for the new motherboard.