Lightflow

jschlis

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a rmhd with lightflow installed. I use light flow for the audible and vibration only, having all led reminders off. Lightflow when working works great, but it does not work consistently. At times it does not alert at all to texts which is what I need it for. My questions are does anyone else have issues with Lightflow and is there any other app that has vibrate and audible reminders.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Lightflow seems to be the best of a poor group. I hate to bring this up, but Bebuzz on Blackberry handled all this perfectly. But then again, Blackberry OS is better than anything else at alerts anyway.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Lightflow seems to be the best of a poor group. I hate to bring this up, but Bebuzz on Blackberry handled all this perfectly. But then again, Blackberry OS is better than anything else at alerts anyway.

Agreed. I love Light Flow but rich, centralized notification light maintenance should be part of Android OS, and not left to third party apps.

jschlis

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Mikelip,

Had a BlackBerry for years. For the last two years been carrying both the BB and an iphone4. BB for email and texting and the iphone for news apps and to surf. BeBuzz and BB profiles are the two apps I miss the most. Trying to get lightflow to emulate both BeBuzz and Profiles.

Thank you both for the quick response.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Mikelip,

Had a BlackBerry for years. For the last two years been carrying both the BB and an iphone4. BB for email and texting and the iphone for news apps and to surf. BeBuzz and BB profiles are the two apps I miss the most. Trying to get lightflow to emulate both BeBuzz and Profiles.

Thank you both for the quick response.

If you can make Lightflow work as well as Bebuzz, let me know. I really miss really good notifiers. I have an iPhone4 through my company, but it sits idle. I prefer Android over it.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I agree completely that this functionality needs to be part of the base OS and not a 3rd party app. I've been using light flow first on my Nexus and now on this phone and overall haven't had any problems with it. Occasionally when it updates I'll have to go in an 'restart' it just by opening the app, but otherwise its been running pretty consistently.

jschlis

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Mike,

It has taken quit a few days but aside from a few hiccups I can get Lightflow to work like bebuzz and the profiles in the bb. I have a separate vibration for notifications like cnn and espn (each a separate vibration alert). I have a regular sms vibration alert and then for family I have an audible alert and a vibration alert and reminders if I don't open the text.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I wish Android would pull in the BB way of handling notifications. Force the app to load notification options into a central location of the settings and allow the OS to control. Any time you have to depend on a 3rd party app to do this, you're going to have issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts