Liking this phone...

edison2012

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Forgot to plug in last nite...26 hours later I'm at 60%. On my old Droid charge I would have been dead in the water long before then. Like the commercial says, I feel like I've been a beta tester. :D
Oh yeah, sound quality (talking) is much better on the Maxx. Going to an area with poor reception. Hope the Maxx fares better than my Charge. No fun having to go outside to make a call.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The MAXX won't work miracles but you may get a signal as the radio is better than other devices. And you're right - this battery rocks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty pleased with it too. I dumped my iPhone4 for a Blackberry Bold 9930 since the iPhone had this habit of dropping calls and not getting data in some places - I found that the BB worked much better, even in a side by side comparison (iPhone4 vs BB, same carrier, both phones right next to each other). i am going to be taking a trip with the iPhone, which is a business-issued phone, next week and I will do the same with the Maxx and see how it compares. But right now as far as sound quality and generally usability I like it better than the BB or the iPhone4. Certainly it's better in terms of battery life!

taeisme

Trusted Member
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I too dumped my iphone 4s and ran right back to Android, this Maxx is one of the best devices that I have had in a very long time.

gmonkey88

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm on day 5 with my Maxx, and I have to say; this is phone is AMAZING. The battery life, the reception, the quality, the screen, everything is great. Best Motorola phone I've had in a long time.
By the way, just to compare, I've had the Droid, Droid X, the photon, the bionic and now the Maxx.

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I must say Motorola has done their homework on the MAXX. After getting burned on buying a nexus I was not sure what phone to get next until someone told me about how great the MAXX was doing:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

ballroomdru

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Tuesday morning I take the phone of the charger when my baby is crying at 3:30AM. From 8-3 I am in a school building (read, bomb shelter) with one bar of service. I made it to 19 hours when I plugged it in Tuesday night at 10% battery. Mind you, from 3:30 - 8 the phone went from 100% - 85%. From 8-3 the phone went from 85%-40%. From 3-11 the phone went from 40% - 10%. And this was a high usage/play/battery abuse day. SWEET!!!!!!

edison2012

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The MAXX won't work miracles but you may get a signal as the radio is better than other devices. And you're right - this battery rocks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

Visited the wife's relatives over the holiday and spent a good portion of the time finding a spot where I could even get a signal. No 4g and at times it was 1x ??? It was just too far out in the country. :confused:
Back home so all is well.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Visited the wife's relatives over the holiday and spent a good portion of the time finding a spot where I could even get a signal. No 4g and at times it was 1x ??? It was just too far out in the country. :confused:
Back home so all is well.

Man, where do the in-laws live, Death Valley? Clearly, Verizon doesn't have much coverage there. 1x is like a Flintstones phone, with a little pterodactyl huddled inside the phone turning a crank.:p

garberinc

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Can't beat Motorola's radios in their phones. (in my opinion). Thus far on the Maxx, the reception has been nearly twice as good as my old Tbolt.
Battery life has been very good, but not great. Of course, I have a crap load of stuff running

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Ry

edison2012

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Man, where do the in-laws live, Death Valley? Clearly, Verizon doesn't have much coverage there. 1x is like a Flintstones phone, with a little pterodactyl huddled inside the phone turning a crank.:p

We were in Manning SC, actually about 10 miles out in the boonies. Yes, I saw 1X in areas of the house.

atlantar6

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Ex Charge guy here as well and love the phone in comparison. My only issue is Swift key keyboard has some latency on the Maxx and the stock one isn't as good but is more responsive.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just nitpicking here, but the Maxx has Swype, not Swift key.

Sent from my A100 using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oops, sorry, thought you were saying that Swiftkey actually came with it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ugr