Linking all sound controls

dcrimmy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I find this pretty annoying. I will be somewhere quiet, like a waiting room at the Dr's office today, and I put my phone on silent. Then as I'm surfing a website that has media, it comes blasting on at the last volume I was watching or listening to media at, which is sometimes pretty loud. I looked through the sound settings. Is there no way to lock ringer volume with media volume?

Posted via the Android Central App

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
i dont know of an app that can lock the media to the call volume, though I'm also not saying it doesn't exist.

however, if you want, you can try Slider Widget (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=de.hinterhofapps.sliderwidget&token=Z_KUoXFH), slap it on one of your homescreens and you can always be in check to know what the volumes are at a quick glance and they can be easily adjusted without having to go into settings.

nice simple app, not too complicated, can also change colors (voice = green, media = red, bluetooth = blue etc)

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I find this pretty annoying. I will be somewhere quiet, like a waiting room at the Dr's office today, and I put my phone on silent. Then as I'm surfing a website that has media, it comes blasting on at the last volume I was watching or listening to media at, which is sometimes pretty loud.

Been there! And it's always annoying and embarrassing when it happens too. I'm going to check out that Slider Widget Green_Laser mentioned, since it sounds like a good one.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't the Motorola app Meeting mode silence everything?

So I use this too, and it does silence the phone, but for meeting mode to kick in, you need something in your calendar, such as an appointment etc. And the calendar needs to be selected (in moto assist settings) so that Moto Assist can read it.
Mine is going in and out of meetings, silencing my phone all the time (my calendar has many events) but sometimes you just have that spontaneous moment in the day where you need to silence due to a certain circumstance or you simply didn't add that appointment into the calendar for it to know to silence it.

To create calendars (similar to gmail labels), go into gmail on PC, then click on apps top right, go into settings, there you can create different calendar names. For instance, I have a shared calendar with wife called "dr appointments", and every event we add to the calendar which is a doctor appointment, we simply add a tag or I should say use drop down menu and select " dr appointments "

You can also add calendars which are already set up such as US holidays, Facebook events. Let's say there's a specific sports team you like ,if they have a schedule which was made public, you can add that to your google calendar and keep track of where and when the games are.

(You may already know this, but could be helpful to another person not familiar)

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if will work but you could try this: "Ok Moto X: Schedule a meeting for now." Or "Schedule an appointment for now." If "now" doesn't work you could try "(time) today" where "time" is a minute or two from the now. Moto assist will probably make the entry in your calendar, but if successful it would put you in Meeting mode.

dcrimmy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Don't know if will work but you could try this: "Ok Moto X: Schedule a meeting for now." Or "Schedule an appointment for now." If "now" doesn't work you could try "(time) today" where "time" is a minute or two from the now. Moto assist will probably make the entry in your calendar, but if successful it would put you in Meeting mode.

I can tell you that I do not have the patience to schedule a meeting every time I want my phone to be silent. Plus that would just clutter up my calendar. I do have an app that allows for sound settings. I wish it had some simple presets that you could program for different settings. I haven't found anything like that yet.

It seems silly that you can mute your phone but still have media be audible. The only thing I want audible on mute is my alarm.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lather7753