Logitech Revue vs Apple TV

84guy

May 25, 2010
Visit site
the revue integrates with your dvr. apple tv doesnt., nice keyboard(with a touchpad) for internet browsing and searching on the revue. tiny little remote on apple tv. when the revue was 249 or 299 it might not of been worth it. but with honeycomb coming with apps and it being 99 bucks, same as apple tv , its way worth it. and the revue has way more functionality

Last edited:

myalover

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
The two products attempt completely different things.

This is like asking:

Tablet vs. Laptop
Car vs. Boat
etc.

You have to ask yourself what you want out of either device.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Isn't Apple TV just to watch online content? Google TV is more integrated, you get a very good browser and the integration with your DVR. When the Revue gets Honeycomb/Ice Cream it will have a lot more than the Apple TV in my opinion...

Sent from my Nexus S

misfit410

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Google TV basically does the same thing and a lot more, though some of the things it does are less refined.

I will say if you have cable, especially a provider with a crappy menu system like comcast, it will change everyrthing.. my wife is crazy about our revue, it just really makes our cable useful, and it's so painless now to find what we want to watch, when a movie comes up that is half over and she is interested and wants to see the whole thing, it will show us right when to check back.

Idelgado782

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I actually bought a revue last week and haven't had the chance to play with it. I have had apple TV for almost a year now and I love it. But the revue definitely does do more. It depends on what you want. My wireless network is connected via apple airport express and extreme so I have the ability to play music wirelessly from my phone/ipad/laptop to my home theater all because of airplay and that is my main reason for loving my apple TV. I also love the Netflix interface.

However I was not aware the Revue intergrates into your DVD until I took it out the box. Which is awesome. You can download an app and control your TV from within your phone. Plus surfing the web is also a plus that apple TV doesn't have. Also i love the fact that android is so customizable and upgradeable where apple does spend too much effort on apple TV.

I would say do some more research weigh your options according to your needs and wants and make the decision.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone used Google TV without having Cable?

What's cable? ;)

To be honest, GTV had nothing to do with my cord cutting. I use PlayOn to access Hulu (and they have access to a bunch of other video sources), have NetFlix, and a large library I stream from my home server. However, I can't stand sports and don't care if I'm seeing TV shows a few weeks later than other people so your mileage may vary. Still, my old bill was over $100 a month and at about three years on I'd say it's worth the $3500+ I've saved so far.

Reactions: shingi_70

Dean50

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Revue does more and offers more platforms to choose from for viewing. The only reason I would go with Apple TV is if I really want to switch between my different devices for viewing (I have an iPhone and iPad) and that's something I would never use - I don't watch TV much but when I do I tend to crash on my couch and stay in one place. With that being said the Revue definitely gives way more options for viewing - with netflix and amazon on demand for viewing. It's also great to use for parties as it offers Pandora.

Here's another comparison on the two that might be helpful.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acecool99