Lollipop is junk

Ryyus

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Reboot, Reinstall, Downgrade OS

Funny how that seems to be the solution to various issues with 5.0

Sad that a company as large as Google would release an OS with out better testing....

Even my lock screen is acting up: the numbers on it appear as "white blocks" and the only way to resolve is reboot the phone.

Of course no one forces us to use a particular phone, but you would think it would work as sold by manufacturer - lmao

------------------------------------
~piloting a s-pen on my galaxy not far, far away °●•

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Reboot, Reinstall, Downgrade OS

Funny how that seems to be the solution to various issues with 5.0

Sad that a company as large as Google would release an OS with out better testing....

Even my lock screen is acting up: the numbers on it appear as "white blocks" and the only way to resolve is reboot the phone.

Of course no one forces us to use a particular phone, but you would think it would work as sold by manufacturer - lmao

I'll Second That!!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 "Size Does Matter!"

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I have zero issues with Lollipop aside from my aforementioned visual issue with the phone dialer in landscape. I wonder if those having problems have a specific hardware revision of the phone. Back in the Droid Bionic days I never had any of the problems others reported and I was always curious if the version of the phone some people had was the culprit. I know it shouldn't make a difference, but hopefully I uploaded this correctly so here's mine :

Attachments

• 1430506994584.jpg
    1430506994584.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 38

abtxpress

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I've had my note 3 since it's release, the 5.0 update went smoothly. But as I learned a long time ago when updating, before I accept an Ota I factory reset from the bootloader then power back up. Just as though I was rooted installing a new rom. The only problems I'm having with 5.0 is that it's not 5.1.1. Lol.
Sometimes it think if I gave some people an orange on these forms they would start [Edited by Moderator] it wasn't a banana. Just saying. If updates are such a problem for some, then why did you accept it!?! [Edited by Moderator]

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

This is confusing. Google hasn't pushed any software to the Note 3 aside from Google Play Services. Did you mean Samsung and/or Verizon?

Ryyus

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I've had my note 3 since it's release, the 5.0 update went smoothly. But as I learned a long time ago when updating, before I accept an Ota I factory reset from the bootloader then power back up. Just as though I was rooted installing a new rom. The only problems I'm having with 5.0 is that it's not 5.1.1. Lol.
Sometimes it think if I gave some people an orange on these forms they would start [Edited by Moderator] it wasn't a banana. Just saying. If updates are such a problem for some, then why did you accept it!?! [Edited by Moderator]

Posted via the Android Central App

I'll pass on the oranges and bananas, but thanks for the thought -lol

The last update became a daily reminder that wouldn't go away "you will be assimilated" -grin
However, updating a stock phone should not present an issue like the screen lock number issue I mentioned previously. That is a bug, not a error due to not rebooting, reseting error. (Which I have done several times and issue still randomly occurs)

Agreed, none of us are forced to update our phones, but expressing ones disappointment regarding an update with examples provides a dialog for discussion and possibly resolutions via other users.

Ryyus

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
This is confusing. Google hasn't pushed any software to the Note 3 aside from Google Play Services. Did you mean Samsung and/or Verizon?

Whoops, my mistake, I mis-spoke. ☺

I should have said Verizon.

My understanding is that the carriers tweak/add/delete/customize OS's. So Samsung adds things to the OS like My Magazine, and Verizon includes their own apps (for example)

So my issue could be caused from multiple sources.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781