Lollipop Notifications - Like or Dislike?

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
There needs to be a happy medium. Where you can disable sensitive information, like the content of a text, but allow it to show the sender's name. Otherwise you're either showing all content, which isn't necessarily a great idea, or you have no idea who you're getting messages from until you unlock the phone, which sort of defeats the purpose.

Posted via the Android Central App

ralphclark

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I want to receive notifications but not if they are going to be visible to EVERYBODY IN THE ******* ROOM.

It completely escapes me how this could have got past a design review without someone sticking their hand up and asking "what if you just want to know when there's a message without suddenly and unexpectedly splashing it all over the screen at a size thats fully readable to anybody with several feet of your screen?"

The tiny scrolling message they used to have in the notification bar prior to lollipop was just perfect. There was no need to change it, and removing it so it's no longer even an option was just completely disrespectful to all existing android users.

The Android development team needs to employ people who actually give a **** about what people want, and then cater for those needs over the long term. It's completely unacceptable to be having your OS completely redesigned every eighteen months. That might fly with kids who don't care so long as everything is new and exciting but guess what... The grown ups have most of the money. So deal with that, or watch users desert you.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I like the new Notifications. I do, wish that certain notifications could be removed from the lock screen, such as the normal Power Saver mode notification.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1