Lollipop on Nexus 5 Not Running Well

ScottWood101

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I recently receive the OTA update within the last couple of weeks. During the first couple of days everything worked pleasantly well, but now I'm pulling my hair out every time I use the device.

I get a 'unfortunately google search has stopped' and 'failed to initialize camera' all the time. YouTube takes seconds to load the app as does the Phone and Hangouts app.

It takes for ever and a day to load my home screen when tapping the home icon. There's a massive delay in letters appearing after typing them on the new keyboard.

Anyone having these issues? Please help!

Not rooted by the way, and about 10GB free on a 32GB device.

Posted via the Android Central App

rjm_robin

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Sounds buggy. Perhaps that's why other devices are waiting on Lollipop. KitKat 4.4.2 *was* very buggy, and they just patched it before I got my new phone. The day before. Didn't upgrade to 4.4.4, but it was an extensive patch. AT&T.

So, it probably needs a major patch. Could take a while.

rjm

Sent via Tapatalk on my new Galaxy Note 4

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded my Nexus 5 over the air. Then I did a reset to factory. Then I reinstalled a couple of apps that hadn't been saved by Google. Seems to work fine. The camera, Hangout, and Phone apps take less than a second to load and YouTube takes three seconds to load.

Whatever. I'm happy with my Nexus 5.

BMukherjee91

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
+1. The general consensus among the experts on this forum is to execute a factory reset after the Lollipop upgrade from Kitkat, since the upgrade includes a massive change in the code.

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I recently receive the OTA update within the last couple of weeks. During the first couple of days everything worked pleasantly well, but now I'm pulling my hair out every time I use the device.

I get a 'unfortunately google search has stopped' and 'failed to initialize camera' all the time. YouTube takes seconds to load the app as does the Phone and Hangouts app.

It takes for ever and a day to load my home screen when tapping the home icon. There's a massive delay in letters appearing after typing them on the new keyboard.

Anyone having these issues? Please help!

Not rooted by the way, and about 10GB free on a 32GB device.

You need to do a factory reset. Will fix the error with the correct amount of available space not showing up. Fixed mine. A factory reset, while a PITA, paired with clearing your cache should fix your problems.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I reset mine, TWICE, after the OTA to Lollipop. Most of the apps are good but I still have a few that will not work. Dish Anywhere and Words with Friends....neither will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottWood101

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
For the record, I performed a Factory Reset last night. Now the phone is as smooth as a babies bum and the battery estimate says 1 day 1 hour with a full charge!

I have my fingers crossed that this level of performance keeps up because if so it is working like a dream.

Still getting random apps appearing in my recent however, even after clearing them all...

germcevoy

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
For the record, I performed a Factory Reset last night. Now the phone is as smooth as a babies bum and the battery estimate says 1 day 1 hour with a full charge!

I have my fingers crossed that this level of performance keeps up because if so it is working like a dream.

Still getting random apps appearing in my recent however, even after clearing them all...

Expect it to bog down after a day or 2.

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Mine has been very smooth for a couple weeks since I got the lollipop OTA. I did do a cache partition wipe but that was it. Its smoother and quicker than KitKat was on my nexus 5.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Overall, 5.0 is running smoothly. It is just a few apps that don't want to work. Looks like it is down to just Dish Anywhere app, for me, that refuses to open. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still won't open.

Works fine on my sons' Moto G and my iPhone. And it worked fine on my Nexus 5 until Lollipop....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine has been great since the update via ota. Other than wiping the cache partition I've done nothing to it.

Posted from my Nexus 5 via Android Central App

macroguy07

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I did a factory flash instead of OTA and thus didn't need to do a factory reset and after three weeks, all is well, but if you DO an OTA update, I recommend a factory reset from all that I have read on various online forums around the net, if you wish to have your phone run smoothly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly