Lollipop update

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
If I were to promise you a thousand dollars by a certain date and you did not receive that thousand dollars by that date what would you call me

a) someone who mistook his ability to deliver and made a mistake considering his capacity to pay; or
b) a liar

Without knowing more, the question can't be answered. You seem to be assuming that every mistake is the same as a lie---that's simply wrong. The hypothetical you give, of course, is not even close to the same situation. But there IS a difference between mistakes and lies. The difference is "intent," (e.g., per the definition I quoted from Merriam-Webster earlier).

SO, you're not telling it like it is. Rather, you're ascribing bad motives without evidence to someone who doesn't actually seem to have had bad motives or "intent" to deceive. To me, this is NOT a semantic issue. I take it seriously when someone attacks my integrity. I imagine they would, too.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
If I were to promise you a thousand dollars by a certain date and you did not receive that thousand dollars by that date what would you call me
I am NOT a harsh person, but rather a person that tells it like it is whether people like it or not

Posted via the Android Central App

Lollipop isn't a thousand dollars. It's an updated operating system for a phone that's already working well that contains some new features that, while nice, aren't *necessary*. It's also got bugs in it. Bugs that sometimes take time to surface. Your analogy about money, honestly, is completely and wholly wrong for the comparison. Not being harsh, but telling it like it is.

While I want Lollipop for the updates for the SD cards and ART, I'm willing to wait until they can deliver a (relatively) bug free experience. And regardless, unless you have an unlocked phone and are able to get the update directly from Samsung to begin with, the carriers are going to need time to muck around with the update anyway. So who cares when Samsung is actually able to get it out? Most users won't be getting it for a while after it's released anyway. And if you're on Verizon, probably not until Android Watermelon is in development.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I would hope you base your buying decisions on more than that. I would still have bought it because I like Samsung. I don't expect miracles.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
The definition of "lie" includes the act of deceiving. So what motive does any company have to deceive you Donald Smouse1 about the Lollypop update? Exactly what do they have to gain by deceiving their customers? They have everything to lose by lying to their customers. I do not see the connection. They made a mistake in estimating how long it would take to ready a very complex operating system. I see it as a legitimate mistake. I have worked in the technological field for more than 30 years and anything this complex has a timeline that operates with many many variables, variables that cannot be held to a definite value, hence the fact they are variables. If you think everyone that estimates when things in your life will happen are going to be exact, you are in for a life filled with liars.

I hope they get the bugs worked out soon. That is all.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
The gear vr is a waste of money. I had one and returned it with in 3 hours. I did not buy a 800 phone so I can sit on my couch and watch a movie with a huge thing in my head. I have a 65" 3d TV for that. It is a pointless, useless waste of money.

May The note 4's be with you

So my Dad hates the Gear VR because it makes him want to puke. lol. To me the Gear VR is all about using my phone as a source of intertainment. Wether I am using it to watch a movie, play a 3d game, or walk through a VR park or room or the Cirque du soleil, it is all converting my great phone to an immersive device of great intertainment.

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I am not nor did I mean to insult anybody's integrity, there are a whole slew of people upset over this just as well, and I know it's not a thousand dollars if it was skip it.

I love android and the note 4,i came back k to android from iPhone after it left me stranded at work(no offense apple users).
So I am sorry that I offended anyone not my intention at all
and if everyone wants to cry about what i have to say they may want to look at other peoples posts as well.

Nuff said,so long

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
To be honest, why is it important to when Lollipop arrives. It'll get to devices when it does. It's not like it's the cure for cancer it's just an OS update. One that by many accounts has some notable bugs.

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
To be honest, why is it important to when Lollipop arrives. It'll get to devices when it does. It's not like it's the cure for cancer it's just an OS update. One that by many accounts has some notable bugs.

I agree. This is not new news. When we get a phone other than something like an iPhone or a Nexus....this is what happens. We have to wait for updates longer than others.

Posted via my Samsung GALAXY Note®*4

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm in no rush. Frankly, I'm satisfied with the current system on my Note 4.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am NOT a harsh person, but rather a person that tells it like it is whether people like it or not

I've yet to see an official SAMSUNG release saying that any of their software updates would absolutely, positively and unequivocally be released on a specific date. I'd say a good part of the reason why is that in many cases, SAMSUNG isn't the one to release software updates, the carriers are.

Software development is a fickle business. Sometimes a software package is ready to go out the door when a major bug is discovered. I'm sure software developers can give out dozens of reasons why deadlines come and go without seeing the goods.

I've been at Android since Eclair. None of the upgrades have ever materialized on the date we were "promised." There is no contract, explicit or implied that they do so. They fall when they fall.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
After all that's been said, let's remember that TouchWiz is going to make it seem like we haven't upgraded at all even after 5.0. I'm certainly no touchwiz hater like so many others are, but all of the leaked videos showing 5.0 on the Note 4 look identical to 4.4.4 except for the dialer, and messaging app.

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
No because I thought samsung would treat note 4 users better

How have Note 4 users been mistreated compared to other phone users? Why would Samsung treat Note 4 users differently than they have previous flagship users?

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
The S5 is still Samsungs flagship phone. The note is in a different category. So the S5 owners are getting lollipop first but it has been on the market longer. The note 4 will get it in time. I am more impressed with the fact that notoriously last to the party Verizon is the first US provider to push the update.

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
After all that's been said, let's remember that TouchWiz is going to make it seem like we haven't upgraded at all even after 5.0. I'm certainly no touchwiz hater like so many others are, but all of the leaked videos showing 5.0 on the Note 4 look identical to 4.4.4 except for the dialer, and messaging app.

My interest in Lollipop has absolutely nothing to do with how it "looks" and everything to do with how it works. Specifically with storage of files on the SD card.