Lollipop update

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
No because I thought samsung would treat note 4 users better

Posted via the Android Central App

You are not missing much on Lollipop. I have a Nexus 4 that has Lollipop installed and I just don't get what all the hype is about. I've had Lollipop on it for about two months now and I still bought my Note 4 knowing it may never see Lollipop. You really aren't missing much.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
You are not missing much on Lollipop. I have a Nexus 4 that has Lollipop installed and I just don't get what all the hype is about. I've had Lollipop on it for about two months now and I still bought my Note 4 knowing it may never see Lollipop. You really aren't missing much.

The natives are restless...and they're hungry too. They want Lollipop. ...and they want it now. It doesn't matter if it has bugs or not. They want it now.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Seriously, does anyone think that Lollipop is going to be that much better? Is there anything about that is ground breaking? I'm just curious.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Seriously, does anyone think that Lollipop is going to be that much better? Is there anything about that is ground breaking? I'm just curious.

The most impressive feature I've remember is its treatment of SD cards. That is not that much of a big deal to me either. However, to be fair, in my younger days an OS upgrade (MS Windows) was a big deal to me. Now that I'm married with great kids such things do not get me excited. That coupled with the facts that Kit Kat works great on my Note 3 and Note 4 and that Lollipop is said to have notable bugs is what makes me not really care about seeing it on my phones for now.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

There isn't. When I got Lollipop on my Nexus 4, the only thing I really found useful was the battery saver feature. I had a hard time getting one hour of screen time on that phone and I still got less than an hour with battery saver but it made the standby times last a day or two.

I hated the way it changed the notification screen and a few KitKat features were gone.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
My interest in Lollipop has absolutely nothing to do with how it "looks" and everything to do with how it works. Specifically with storage of files on the SD card.

Then you probably wont be happy with it until they iron out the bugs. Also, i'm pretty sure it has SOMETHING to do with the looks because if it came out looking like MsDOS i'm sure you'd have something to say about it.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Didn't mean to start a war just trying to make a point, if your not going to release the update on the attended dates as mentioned then shut up about it seriously.

Two things I hate in life 1. A lier, 2. A thief

Did you see an announcement by your carrier as to when it would be available on the Note 4? If so, can you point me to it? (It matters not what Samsung says, they can't push it out.) If you didn't see an announcement by your carrier then why the grief?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Did you see an announcement by your carrier as to when it would be available on the Note 4? If so, can you point me to it? (It matters not what Samsung says, they can't push it out.) If you didn't see an announcement by your carrier then why the grief?
I think Samsung just makes it available to the carrier who can choose to molest it and send it out, whenever it's convenient for them. I don't think the carrier has any obligation (or a lot of motivation) to send the updates out at all or in any kind of a timely fashion.

Am I mistaken? Does Samsung have a contract with the carriers for the carriers to push out updates in a specified amount of time?

from the Note 3

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Your Nexus 4 doesn't have an SD card slot, so of course you don't get the changes for the SD card under Lollipop. For those of us who do want more ease of use with the SD card, its kinda big. And, I bought the Note 4 knowing that it would see Lollipop. So, while *you* may not be 'missing much', especially when comparing the Nexus to the Note, there are some features that many of us want.

solotristan88

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I heard the delay is due to Oculus...the company that makes the VR headset that is paired with the Note 4. They can't put out Lollipop without having the VR work as well. So...now early march is what I am hearing....

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
So my Dad hates the Gear VR because it makes him want to puke. lol. To me the Gear VR is all about using my phone as a source of intertainment. Wether I am using it to watch a movie, play a 3d game, or walk through a VR park or room or the Cirque du soleil, it is all converting my great phone to an immersive device of great intertainment.

ENTERTAINMENT

May The note 4's be with you

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I second the feeling that while looks are pleasing, the functionality is what's most important! My phone's running so smoothly, really not looking forward to (possibly) having a bunch of glitches to deal with!

Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!

Last edited:

Thirst91

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Ya my Note 4 is running just fine with 4.4.4. Even when the update is released I will wait until it is stable on other phones.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz