Looking for a good, cheap Evo case?

SilverZero

May 21, 2010
Visit site
For anybody who hasn't seen this over at XDA, check out the thread on misticjeff's Evo TPU cases. They're like the Amzer argyle case, but just solid matte black or frost white. Both have shiny front edges, the cutouts are fantastic, and you can get them in just a couple of days for less than $6 shipped!

New TPU Cases Available - xda-developers

I just got mine today, I'm quite happy with it. Protects the camera or the glass, whichever way you lay it on the table. :)

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Blah.
Which one to get? Clear or Black?

I think clear, since I already have a black case... though the black case I have right now is too rugged... I'm not liking it too much.

Edit: Ordered the frosted one. Looks nice!
Here's a coupon code from XDA:

"xdadevs2010"
Takes a $1.00 off :)

Last edited:

snake411

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Where did u get the battery and how did they perform?
Just ordered one of each...this is up against the 2 chinese batteries I bought for best Evo accessory deal

*This was posted from my Evo 4G using Tapatalkpro! Great app, if you want to browse and post through many dfferent forums*

Flyboy1100

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
For anybody who hasn't seen this over at XDA, check out the thread on misticjeff's Evo TPU cases. They're like the Amzer argyle case, but just solid matte black or frost white. Both have shiny front edges, the cutouts are fantastic, and you can get them in just a couple of days for less than $6 shipped!

New TPU Cases Available - xda-developers

I just got mine today, I'm quite happy with it. Protects the camera or the glass, whichever way you lay it on the table. :)

does it cover the egde of the screen, so if the screen is lifting, you can't see it?

bigvic13

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Where did u get the battery and how did they perform?

*This was posted from my Evo 4G using Tapatalkpro! Great app, if you want to browse and post through many dfferent forums*

Got the 2 Chinese batteries with the wall charger from Ebay. I just got them yesterday, charged them up, and am testing them out today. So far so good, but will keep you guys updated how they work out.
Here's the link from the thread by CEaton:
2x 1500mAh battery + dock charger for Sprint HTC Evo 4G - eBay (item 250641711190 end time Jul-29-10 01:08:58 PDT)

SilverZero

May 21, 2010
Visit site
does it cover the egde of the screen, so if the screen is lifting, you can't see it?

Yes it does, just barely. It wraps over the edge of the glass just a hair, so it should conceal any lifting or light leakage (maybe even hold a lifting screen down).

One note: The form of the case makes it difficult to press the power and volume buttons as the case is actually recessed a bit inside over the buttons. I imagine the design is meant to allow the buttons to sit inside the little pockets, but it makes it hard to wake the phone or adjust the volume. Solution: a single piece of electrical tape on the inside of the case. Maybe two pieces, but if it's too thick it will actually cause a slight bulge in the case. I put one piece under each button and it helps a lot.

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
we'll see how it is, i ordered 2 clear ones, i can't wait they look sweet i hope it's not that hard to use though i didn't read the previous post before i placed the order for 2

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Just recieved the 2 cases that I ordered, only paid like $10 total and i got to say i love this case. I originally thought it was a hard plastic case but it's really a skin case. One of the best i've seen, it clips around the entire phone so it's a pretty nice fit. the only problem i did have was the power button but a simple little peice of black electrical tape fixed that, can't even tell it's there. Here are some pictures. All i did was cut an image from a magazine and put it behind the frosted case and it looked like the picture below.

DSC00387.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

DSC00384.jpg

DSC00383.jpg

def give it a 4.5 out of 5 stars only because the tape to fix the power button issue but other wise, it would of got a 5 out of 5. I've seen other skin cases at best buy and they are usually really lose and bearlly stay on the phone or you have a hard time getting them out of your pocket, but this one dosn't hinder that and it has a nise ruberized type feel to the back that doesnt' get stuck on your jeans.

Last edited:

Lorak

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered one for the wife. (body glove hard case was crap, broke at the volume buttons in less than 2 weeks). Thanks for the heads up!

dkuchy

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to love this case - especially for the price. Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to turn the EVO on when this case is on the phone. I've read about the superglue, the electrician's tape etc. Still, even for $6, I won't be using this case. I've tried for two days to figure out a way to reliably turn on my phone with this case and it just doesn't work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene