Looking for a slim case with direct access to the phone's buttons

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
These seem to be extremely hard to find. I find that whenever cases put anything over the phone's own buttons it makes it difficult to press them. I would even consider a case that had little metal buttons over the phone's buttons. At least then it would be metal on metal which would provide an almost direct feel. But the vast majority of cases put rubber, silicone or TPU over the phone's buttons. To me, these are all completely unacceptable due to the negative impact they have on using the phone's buttons.

If anyone has any suggestions which would fit with the concerns outlined above, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Last edited:

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I've got this one on the way but there are a few to choose from. You've basically gotta search for thin cases and pick and choose. Most will have button covers but some will not.

anccer Compatible for Samsung Galaxy S10 Case [Colorful Series] [Ultra Thin Fit] Premium PC Material Slim Cover for Samsung Galaxy S10 - Gravel Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M6DWF7...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6482021

I use that for my Note 9. Planning to get one for my S10+ at some point too. It actually has some limited drop protection, believe it or not. My phone fell 3 feet. Case cracked, but not a scratch on my Note 9.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I received my Spigen Thin Fit last week and sadly, I can't recommend it this year. It really took a dive as far as quality goes. Much cheaper than previous years. Sucks, it was my go-to.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I received my Spigen Thin Fit last week and sadly, I can't recommend it this year. It really took a dive as far as quality goes. Much cheaper than previous years. Sucks, it was my go-to.

What was it that you felt was "cheap" or a downgrade from the previous version(s)?

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
The materials used to make the case. Not nearly as much grip as previous years. Less sturdy, easy to bend, unlike previous years. Compared to the last two Spigen Thin Fit cases I've had it feel cheap by comparison. And it's not even close.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I wish I could really decide and won't know till I actually get my two I-Blason cases and I will see how I like them. They will come on Wednesday. I got this full body purple pretty glitter it's 2 pieces and then this marble cosmo lite one piece. I got my husband a Spigen Neo-Hybrid he liked the gunmetal color and these 3 cases will show up on Wednesday.

I have this Tech 21 that Best Buy gave me last year and I put this round ring on it. I have never had a popsocket and when I saw they make swappable ones now where you take the top off and can still wireless charge your phone I decided to try one with a couple extra tops. None really matched this one I-Blason case and then I decided why not get a clear case and use it for the popsocket. When I am at a concert and doing video I want something to hold my phone with. So now I am looking at this one Spigen Liquid Crystal Glitter in clear. I saw it on there website with my flamingo pink and it looked nice. I had a glitter one for my Note 8 with a kickstand before and liked it ok if I recall.

But I don't want to get too many yet I want to have the phone 1st and see how certain ones fit with my phone and in my hand like the Otterbox Symmetry. My husband is also getting the wallet LED from Samsung with his $50. I just want the phone already LOL!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick