Looking for brave Windows Vista or 7 users............

WakeUpC22

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Hmm...a shortcut straight to boot.img extraction and build would be great as well as streamlining kitchen a bit more.

Also if you're going to tackle the images and so on it would be flooring if you can make it artist friendly.

I would say use image magick's abilities to make it so that it can convert most image formats (most importantly jpg) to a workable rle format.

I feel most artists know their way around enough to make an image compatible so a dimension check is not necessary initially.

But eventually you could allow people to take baby steps until it is practically noob/technically inept friendly for all to change their boot up screens.

In the meantime I could foresee a lot more artists on board. I'm currently an animation illustration major at SJSU and a lot of my friends would be 100%+ lost on these forums. Were it not for a short mainframe C internship at lockheed, I would be absolutely lost as well. And I definitely don't consider myself a developer anymore.

As for other requests, frankly I just started looking at the partitions, but the above would definitely help

Oops and last edit, (I make so many typos) when I have time I can help test a bit. Right now approaching finals so it's crazy

Last edited:

cianz13

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Count me in. I'm pretty tech savvy. I've been able to unbrick every phone I've bricked within a few hours. There is always a way.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
The bata version I'm hoping will be ready in about two weeks. The install size is going to be a little over a 600MB for bata, one the final is ready well be over a GB. The reason for the large size is because you'll be installing all the Cygwin packages, and everything needed to build an IHO ROM without needing a starter ROM zip.

Last edited:

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Awesome can't wait but I have a question
Will I be able to compile cm9 with this I want to compile it for our new gb update

Sent from futuristic optimus s

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
The bata version I'm hoping will be ready in about two weeks. The install size is going to be a little over a 600MB for bata, one the final is ready well be over a GB. The reason for the large size is because you'll be installing all the Cygwin packages, and everything needed to build an IHO ROM without needing a starter ROM zip.

Wait... so... you're saying we can compile ROMs in Cygwin!?!?! Am I misunderstanding you!?!

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Awesome can't wait but I have a question
Will I be able to compile cm9 with this I want to compile it for our new gb update

Sent from futuristic optimus s

When the bata comes out it will be pretty much like Android Kitchen, to get every finish and working that well to a bet more time. I'm setting it up for the VM670 as that is all I work with, if anyone wants the support for the other Optimus Phones the will have to wait a bit till I get "git" setup.

Wait... so... you're saying we can compile ROMs in Cygwin!?!?! Am I misunderstanding you!?!

To a point yes is the idea, still well not be able to do it from source, but I'm sure with in a few months and someone helping righting out scripts (smarter then me) it well get pretty damn close to what people can do on Linux.​

Reactions: brotherswing

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
EarthnFire78 said:
To a point yes is the idea, still well not be able to do it from source, but I'm sure with in a few months and someone helping righting out scripts (smarter then me) it well get pretty damn close to what people can do on Linux.

SCORE!!!!

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Will be adding a link for downloading Cygwin later today. For those that are already running Cygwin you well need the run the Setup.exe to update the files you all ready have. The download size will be around 200MB's and once installed will set around 800-1GB.
The reason for this is that you well need to setup repo to download the ROM TOOL files once they are up, and the bata version well be ready in a little over a week; hoping by next Saturday.

I recommend setting up an account with github.com after downloading and installing the Cygwin updates. Also do not download install the github ssh client as the Cygwin update will have the needed files. Well post instructions for anyone wishing to setup a repository with github.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
EarthnFire, will there be any way to download everything on one computer and then transfer it to the computer I'm using (I don't actually have internet at my house and tether a gigabyte is like shooting yourself in the foot with these speeds).

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
The main download for Cygwin well be done by way of Media Fire, and once I have the ROM TOOL done I'll post the link the my githob page, from there you can download as a .tar which you can extract using Cygwin.

the Cgywin download well have the updated Seup.exe which should be the one used as it detects dependencies better.

The best way to download the ROM TOOL (when posted would be be way of repo and git as you can do it from terminal and not have to unzip and move files around.

And what is this not having Internet for someone in College, isn't that like shooting yourself in the foot :p

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
And what is this not having Internet for someone in College, isn't that like shooting yourself in the foot :p[/SIZE]

Its more like shooting both feet and cutting of both hands... believe me when I say its aggravating... its a wonder I've even learned anything about development. Btw, phone companies are not willing to run us internet where we live (that's what my dad said).

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Yup, well have the bata version ready by this Saturday, and the basic functions well be 99.99% working. Most of the scripts are based off the Android-Kitchen but are greatly modified, and I believe the updater-script edify conversion is fixed as well.

The part that is centered around a 90% complete custom build well take about an other mouth to get working.

Note the custom build well take around 5 - 40 minutes depending on you PC's CPU.

Last edited:
Reactions: anthonycr

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Okay, everyone as I was writing the scripts it looked and acted to much like Android-Kitchen. So to keep from stepping on Dsixda's toes, I'm just going to focus on making it a custom setup, and should have it ready in a few days.
Sorry everyone that I'm delaying it again.
Note: It well act like the build setup that runs on Linux, which means no menu the files must be edited before building. Plus Windows well need to be set to case-sensitive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itay85