Looking for Hands on reports

Slayers

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I am looking to get feedback from someone that has this phone I am due for an upgrade and I may jump on this boat is this phone worth it or should I just keep holding out for something better (no I don't want the Prime I will not wait around for it)

mrakifa

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the device....it is immaculate...the screen is vibrant...very fluid and fast...great overall device and I went from the OG atrix...my advice is to go to the store and get hands on and make an educated decision...I absolutely love it!

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Mes3

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
How about some performance reports on it? How is the reception on it, signal drop, drop calls?

Reception on mine has been great, but the touch on it keeps being weird. Double pressing on its own and just being plain odd. Seems like it's only been doing it while plugged in. We shall see.

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Is it plugged in using the ac cord that it came with or something else? I have the OG Motorola Droid, and if I use any other plug but the Motorola branded one, screen flips out. Try this first.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Manbartz

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
To those who own the atrix2:
How is the battery life? My OG atrix gets exceptional battery life and I would hate get a new phone that has a subpar battery.
How is the screen resolution? I have come very accustomed to the super crisp screen on my atrix... don't want to be let down if I buy the A2.

Mes3

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the one that came with the phone is working fine. Phew. Haha.

The screen is the best part of the phone. Very nice and crisp. No clue about battery life at this point.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the one that came with the phone is working fine. Phew. Haha.

The screen is the best part of the phone. Very nice and crisp. No clue about battery life at this point.

Yeah, don't use a non motorola, non original charger with these new devices. They do not work well, and will cause issues with the capacitive screen.

excalis

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed that the Atrix 2 does not have an LED notifcation light, that is a major FAIL! UGH!

*Update*
The FAIL is due to the anti-glare screen blocking the LED light. It is a new type of screen protector that AT&T had for the phone. The outside trim area is black while the screen portion is the anti-glare part. The black trim covers the light :(

gdbusby

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Agree, the notification led is very sleek and placed under the screen by the right side of the phone speaker. It was an added find while using this phone

Mytwuk

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
In case anyone is interested Moto has the specs up for the Atrix 2 some of the highlights are:

MEMORY
8GB on board, 1GB Dual Channel RAM

ACCELEROMETER
Yes

NETWORKS
WCDMA 850/1900/2100, GSM 850/900/1800/1900, HSDPA 21.1 Mbps (Category 14) Edge Class 12, GPRS Class 12, eCompass, AGPS

PROCESSOR SPEED
1GHz Dual Core, Dual Channel RAM with Advanced 3D Graphics Acceleration

REMOVABLE MEMORY
2GB micro SD card preloaded (expandable up to 32GB)

SENSORS
Proximity, ambient light

ANDROID™ PLATFORM
Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread)

MULTIPLE NETWORKS
WCDMA 850/1900/2100, GSM 850/900/1800/1900, HSDPA 21.1 Mbps (Category 14) Edge Class 12, GPRS Class 12, eCompass, AGPS

DISPLAY TYPE
Corning? Gorilla? Glass

SIZE (H X W X D)
66.0 x 125.9 x 10.4 mm

DISPLAY SIZE
4.3-in.; qHD (960 x 540)

WEIGHT
147 grams

ANTENNA TYPE
Internal

FORM FACTOR
Touch Tablet

ADVANCED MODES
Panorama, multi-shot

DIGITAL ZOOM
Yes

FLASH
LED

FOCUS
Automatic

FRONT FACING IMAGER
VGA

MAIN IMAGER
8 MP

SPEAKER EFFECTS
Equalizer with Bass Punch

PLAYABLE FORMATS
AAC, H.263, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, WAV, WMA9, WMA10, eAAC+, MIDI, AMR NB, AAC+

STREAMING MEDIA
Audio, Video, Podcasts, Internet Radio and FM radio

VIDEO CAPTURE RATE
HP 1080p capture

VIDEO PLAYBACK RATE
HP 1080p capture

WIRED STEREO DEVICE EFFECTS
3D Stereo, Home Theater, Live Stage, Custom

WEB BROWSER
Android HTML Webkit, Adobe? Flash? Player 10.3

SYNCHRONIZATION
Corporate Sync, BOTA, OMA DM

WIFI
802.11 b,g,n

BLUETOOTH? TECHNOLOGY
Stereo Bluetooth? technology 2.1+EDR (supports profiles A2DP 1.2, AVRCP, HFP 1.5, HID 1.0 Host, HSP 1.2, OPP 1.0, PBAP 1.0, PAN-NAP 1.0, SPP, DIP, MAP)

4G MOBILE HOTSPOT
Be a mobile hot spot for up to 5 other WiFi-enabled devices

CONNECTOR TYPE
Micro USB, HDMI

DATA TRANSMISSION RATE
USB 2.0 (High Speed)

DLNA (DIGITAL LIVING NETWORK ALLIANCE)
Stream, store and share content with compatible devices around the home like HDTVs, game consoles and PCs

GPS AND LOCATION SERVICES
eCompass, aGPS (assisted) with Google Maps™, Google Latitude™, Google Maps Street View, eCompass

HEADSET JACK
3.5 mm

TALK TIME (CONTINUOUS)
WCDMA up to 510 min.; GSM up to 510 min.

BATTERY TYPE
1785/1735 (typical/minimum) mAh Li Ion Polymer

STANDBY TIME
WCDMA up to 382 hrs.; GSM up to 303 hrs

EMAIL
Corporate Sync, Google Mail, POP3/IMAP (embedded), Corporate Directory Lookup (GAL), Yahoo!? Messenger

MULTIMEDIA MESSAGING (MMS)

PREDICTIVE TEXT
Motorola and Swype?-enabled

TEXT MESSAGING (SMS)
Yes

INSTANT MESSAGING (IM)
Google Talk™

VOICE MAIL
Yes

RINGTONE FORMATS
AAC, AAC+, eAAC, eAAC+, MP3

CrazyCamel369#AC

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Before this phone I had the Samsung Infuse and LG Thrill and so far I'm actually enjoying this phone more!

Samsung had a brighter screen but didn't feel as good as this one does while holding it. Also the camera on the Infuse was just amazing but this one isn't bad at all.

LG Thrill just annoyed me from the start.

Atrix 2 is super fast, the camera doesn't drag to load or snap a shot as much as the Thrill did and it's just over all a beast. The battery life is actually really good and recharges 10x faster than the Infuse (Infuse use to take over an hour just to go half way full)

OH the Atrix 2 also has the LED notification which is beyond helpful and the dedicated camera key is finally nice to have back.

Last edited:

jtb79

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
To those who own the atrix2:
How is the battery life? My OG atrix gets exceptional battery life and I would hate get a new phone that has a subpar battery.
How is the screen resolution? I have come very accustomed to the super crisp screen on my atrix... don't want to be let down if I buy the A2.

Battery Life- So far as good if not better than the OG. I've put it thru a tough couple of days and its been excellent.

Screen Resolution- The biggest reason I went to it. Very much improved in my opinion.

I really like the phone and was pretty worried about going away from the original. After a few days with it i'm really glad I did. Its a little heavier and I actually kinda miss the fingerprint scanner (which I thought I wouldn't). The overall appearence is alot more pleasing to the eyes in my opinion. I visited my family this weekend and my mom picked it up and commented on its looks and she could usually care less about tech stuff.

I'm not very tech savy so I may not know what i'm talking about, but I also really like the newer/updated version of Gingerbread. It seems smoother and I like how the apps are on seperate pages instead of one long page to scroll down.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twine