Loving my replacement Note 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I feel like it's a lot more responsive as well. I wonder if that update they pushed to add the green battery icon had a bunch of fixes and patches in it because it certainly feels faster, seems to last longer on one charge, and they definitely added some small things to the UI.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I loved my Note 7 from the very beginning. But I do have to admit, with the new update it's noticeably smoother when scrolling, faster overall, and better battery life.

I don't know if it is placebo, but I have seemingly the same experience.

Camera pics are improved to my eye as well.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I specifically remember my original was a flimsy plastic. I made a comment to my wife to be careful because it seemed like it could snap. She was for some reason was trying to jam the thing in there.

This is part of the reason why I had the rep install my sd card. Was afraid something would happen.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I swear to god I had a new note 7 and they just gave me a bad one.. I'm having the opposite with my phone compared to you guys. My first was lag less and battery superb.

meringo

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
interesting to hear you all had plastic trays. Mine most certainly didn't, I wonder why? I had a conversation about it with the best buy employee helping me setup the phone. It was tough to put back in.

It was the black verizon model. I wonder if it was apart of a batch they already made, and made a slight change.

meskin84

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I've been ready for a new phone and never had a Samsung device but the Note 7 really has my attention. After the recent battery issues I've been looking at other phones and the One+3 looks amazing for the price.

Sides the Note have the ability to wake the screen from tapping or waving in front of it?

Cooler299

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
It's nice to see people are loving their new replaced Note 7's. The battery issue did make a big headline but I hope Samsung will pull through this.

meringo

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
It's nice to see people are loving their new replaced Note 7's. The battery issue did make a big headline but I hope Samsung will pull through this.

Yeah, the OS must have received fixes. This thing is great.... it's too bad Samsung's image has been destroyed. While waiting in line for my replacement, a BB employee was going off about never buying a Samsung again to a group of people. I don't think the pushback is just. Also, reviews were out for the old model. The lack of sluggishness on this one should be accounted for.

Nutzer

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the OS must have received fixes. This thing is great.... it's too bad Samsung's image has been destroyed. While waiting in line for my replacement, a BB employee was going off about never buying a Samsung again to a group of people. I don't think the pushback is just. Also, reviews were out for the old model. The lack of sluggishness on this one should be accounted for.

Yup, I was on line waiting with another gadget nerd talking about how the image of the Note7/Samsung has been destroyed from this mess. You and I will know, ok, its the battery, they acted fast to get it replaced...but the general population will always associate Samsung with the exploding phone. Sucks.

SaltGuy

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Im still waiting for my replacement

Same here.

The more convenient authorized AT&T retailer near me - Mid-Atlantic Protel hasn't received any yet. They had expected them by the 21st and are just waiting. I am to get a call hopefully today if they arrive, or tomorrow as they definitely expect them this week.

mikechaudron

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I was in a similar circumstance. I had my original note 7 for only three days and I turned it in quickly after the recall. Call me overly cautious, but I wasn't going to screw around, no matter how low the odds. So I replaced it with an S7 Edge, which is a good phone, but I just didn't like it as well as the Note 7.
I received my replacement on Tuesday and like others have said, it feels like it is mine now. I've got it all set up and I now remember why I moved from the iPhone 6s to this phone. I love it. Throw in the fact I bought the VR (which is really cool) and wireless fast charging stand and I'm in business; I've also submitted my request for the 256 SD Card, so it'll be a sweet set up.

Good post, thanks for starting it.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Yup, I was on line waiting with another gadget nerd talking about how the image of the Note7/Samsung has been destroyed from this mess. You and I will know, ok, its the battery, they acted fast to get it replaced...but the general population will always associate Samsung with the exploding phone. Sucks.
LoL. no they won't. Most people don't care or forget about it. Samsung's theme song is "I Will Survive" to the tune of $65,000,000,000.00 in cash reserves :) ( that's billions of dollars kids )

ghostriderz85

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Dang, that fingerprint sensor is a lot faster, you dont even need to rest your finger on the button and wait, you just press the button and you can lift it up right away, and bam! Its unlocked.

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site

He should be fired.. He's there to sell stuff not infuse situations with negative bias... To make people not buy stuff... I wonder how best buy is even still in business.. Horribly ran business... Last time I was there was waiting at customer service like damn near 30 minutes

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
LoL. no they won't. Most people don't care or forget about it. Samsung's theme song is "I Will Survive" to the tune of $65,000,000,000.00 in cash reserves :) ( that's billions of dollars kids )
Betting that was perhaps the motive for the lawyers of Jeep Guy, Garage Guy, Front Pocket Guy and the grandma who didn't even have a Note 7.

Hey, they'll give us money. They have billions! Media eagerly feeds the BS in the process.

Last edited:

Samsmome

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I too did have lag with my 1st Note 7 after about a week of having it.
Got my replacement Sept 19 at AT&T corporate store. Was the 1st to swap out for the replacement. Got the coral blue, had silver 1st time around. This phone so far is so much better, faster and no lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.