Loving my replacement Note 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

jn3wman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the battery on this new note seems better already. I'm getting way less standy drain than I was with the original, even though I restored all the exact same apps from the first one. Definitely happy with the replacement.

Elly44

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I loved my first silver Note 7 and sadly turned it in for an interim S7Edge. This was a nice phone, but it wasn't my Note and not my dream phone. I got my replacement earlier this week and am just thrilled to have a silver Note 7 dream phone again. This one works great too. I am happy. I think Samsung handled it as best they could. And I think it was pretty fast too. I am happy with Samsung. I think they'll be fine and I can't wait to see what the Note 8 can do! Elly44

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I swear to god I had a new note 7 and they just gave me a bad one.. I'm having the opposite with my phone compared to you guys. My first was lag less and battery superb.

You may want to call your carrier and get it replaced with another new one. There is no reason why you should be stuck with a bad phone.

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I too did have lag with my 1st Note 7 after about a week of having it.
Got my replacement Sept 19 at AT&T corporate store. Was the 1st to swap out for the replacement. Got the coral blue, had silver 1st time around. This phone so far is so much better, faster and no lag.
My replacement Note is way more responsive than my original one. I don't want to think it's my imagination but it has been lag free and I've installed most if not all of my previous apps. Fingers crossed that this continues.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So far things are great with the replacement. What I love is that I was able to tap the back of my old phone with the back of new one and my multitude of Google accounts transferred over in just minutes and signed themselves in along with all my apps, many of them with their full settings in tact. This helped quite a bit with the customization process.

I do not mind the green battery icon. I thought I would, but it does not bother me. My battery got a little warm (102 degrees) during the update but it has been fine since then. Right now it is at 82 degrees. So far I am real happy.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to ask....

....is anyone taking any precautions just in case a battery somehow, someway does ignite in these new replacement devices?? I would hate to wake up with my nightstand on fire.

screwhead728

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I was also in the same situation as the original poster... I never had an iPhone before... but I was ready to try the iPhone 7 Plus before I got my replacement because we all didn't know when it was going to be available again.... once I got my replacement Note... man, what a difference... this phone is a BEAST. The Old Note was laggy, I had problems with the keyboard and messaging app saying "sending" in group messages... but this phone feels faster, no lag. I'm glad I didn't switch.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So far things are great with the replacement. What I love is that I was able to tap the back of my old phone with the back of new one and my multitude of Google accounts transferred over in just minutes and signed themselves in along with all my apps, many of them with their full settings in tact. This helped quite a bit with the customization process.

I do not mind the green battery icon. I thought I would, but it does not bother me. My battery got a little warm (102 degrees) during the update but it has been fine since then. Right now it is at 82 degrees. So far I am real happy.

The other items I forgot to say I was happy about were the Samsung Pay app and the new Theme Store app. My Samsung Visa debit card with my $20 transferred right over, and my Dunkin Donuts card from my DD app showed up in the Samsung Pay app. Very cool. Now today I hope to get the $10 on the first purchase with the new phone.

With the updated theme store app, all my purchased themes are there and waiting for me.

Good job Samsung with these software improvements.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Agree with everyone else. My new Note 7 replacement is simply awesome. It is so much more responsive and the battery life is better than before.

Schlubbe

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Only downside I've seen with the new one is that I have to keep a case on it - I was just getting used to the free feeling of going naked with the old one!

Now she has to be all wrapped up like some Soviet babushka grandmother, when before she was the slim, sexy, 'Slavic young women desire you' device... guess I can still see her pretty face, anyways.

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I loved my original Note despite the issues, but the new one is definitely smoother and less laggy. I can't help but wonder if the battery was heating up (even though I never felt it) enough to put the CPU into a lower performance mode. There's still a touch of lag every now and then but nothing like the old one. The S7A I had for a loaner was super fast and absolutely amazing in that respect. I wish my N7 would be that nice. I think in time it could be, once they finish optimizing Grace UX.

But I'm very happy with the phone. Screw anybody who wants to be pissy about it. :)

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Only downside...Now she has to be all wrapped up like some Soviet babushka grandmother...
8402b247daac2621cec494c7234b775a.jpg

mjcecil

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Someone mentioned the sim tray being plastic on this one and metal on the first...

My first one was plastic, and I got it in the first week of availability, so no change for me. Frankly, as long as I don't swap out the 128G daily, often, it's probably a no point issue.

-Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.