LTE Can Do WHAAAA!?!?!

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Ok I know this is probably old news to some but I was unsure as to what exactly LTE/4G service would really be. So I did some digging...

Got a lot of technical jargon for the most part but I wanted something in layman's terms that I could really sink my teeth into. Then I found this Motorola PDF. It kinda made the Geek in me tingle a little.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...520Files%2F6833_MotDoc_New.pdf&token=xILbWdEd

Page 5 and 6 are paticularly interesting if you want to know what this means for the end user, but these two got me a lil happy :p:

Service Evolution
With LTE the end-user should experience performance comparable to today’s wired broadband internet services,
but with the added value that mobility brings. Today’s services delivered by HSxPA or EV-DO can be
delivered faster and better, improving the quality of service experience. For example, deployment of wideband
codecs and higher resolution video conferencing for the mass market will be much more feasible and widespread.
In addition, the high bandwidth and low latency will drive the development and uptake of real-time
services with added mobility yet to be conceived.

Seamless mobility experience
Thanks to LTE’s access agnostic core and centralised application layer, service providers will have the ability
to offer full seamless mobility services. This will allow their subscribers to remain connected via any access
technology (WiFi, WiMAX, xDSL, FTTx) wherever they are,
ensuring that their applications, contents, streams
will follow them through their journey whatever device (laptop, mobile, tablet PC, TV, etc…) they feel is the
most appropriate to use at any given time.

So am I reading this right? Does this mean it will basicly be universal WiFi??? Even if it isn't this gets me giddy just thinking about the next two years!!

Kinda funny that VZW plans to emplement this starting Next Year and that JesusPhone carier can't even get it's 3G more wide spread and doesn't plan on expanding to 4G till 2011!!!!!

So what are yall's takes on this???

Last edited:

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Yes, LTE is the future and all internet services will bow down to it when its released. That's why I was kinda waiting for the first lte phone to be released for vzw but I know the first couple will be basic phones so going with the Droid now will not be a set back.

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Yes, LTE is the future and all internet services will bow down to it when its released. That's why I was kinda waiting for the first lte phone to be released for vzw but I know the first couple will be basic phones so going with the Droid now will not be a set back.

That's because of the chipsets in the current handset line up right? So the downside is that we have to wait for LTE ready smartphone handsets? :(

That's a bummer, but the up side is Android will be stupid, crazy good by then and maybe it will coincide with a NE2 for me :D

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
That's because of the chipsets in the current handset line up right? So the downside is that we have to wait for LTE ready smartphone handsets? :(

That's a bummer, but the up side is Android will be stupid, crazy good by then and maybe it will coincide with a NE2 for me :D

I'm hoping for the same thing.

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
i read on verizons website and i think it said LTE would be here in a couple of years so it would be a good choice to get the droid and NE2 any LTE phones they throw at you.

Yodes

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
i read on verizons website and i think it said LTE would be here in a couple of years so it would be a good choice to get the droid and NE2 any LTE phones they throw at you.

LTE is going to be rolled out in select cities (read San Fran, Chicago, Miami, LA, etc) in Q1 2010. However for at least a year I would guess that the only thing taking advantage of LTE would be Wireless cards, Netbooks, MiFi's and the like. I wouldn't expect to see an LTE phone until at least 2011.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky