Issues Installing Apps

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Is there another version that I can flash for my region?
That's the problem.

If I understand what @mustang7757 is saying, that phone will only take the international firmware because it's the international version. No US version will load. And since your region is the US, you're stuck.

I'd suggest returning it for a true US variant. Model number SM-S928U or SM-S928U1.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Is there another version that I can flash for my region?
Unfortunately US is different from international version they cannot be flash with each other
That's the problem.

If I understand what @mustang7757 is saying, that phone will only take the international firmware because it's the international version. No US version will load. And since your region is the US, you're stuck.

I'd suggest returning it for a true US variant. Model number SM-S928U or SM-S928U1.
Yes thanks

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
I'm in San Diego, CA, USA.
What is the model and the firmware version of the phone?

Settings -> About phone -> Software.

Just because you bought it in San Diego, doesn't mean it was a US model (e.g. SM-S928U or SM-S928U1). That shop may be selling "grey market" devices. A grey market products are products that were intended for non-US markets, but re-sellers buy them at a discount and then sell them in the US. Since San Diego is a border city, I wouldn't be surprised if these were imported from Mexico.

Grey market products are not illegal. However, things like warranties and such can be problematic.

Last edited:

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Using. https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-S928B
I see lots of firmware. Which one would be recommended to work in the US without restrictions? I don't mind not being able to record a call, I just want it to work like a normal US phone..
Which carrier do you plan to use this on?

Just so you know, that specific model, the B/DS is not whitelised for AT&T, and will not allow it on their network.

Anyone else... maybe.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Using. https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-S928B
I see lots of firmware. Which one would be recommended to work in the US without restrictions? I don't mind not being able to record a call, I just want it to work like a normal US phone..
I doubt you will find firmware for your phone that has AT&T's CSC (ATT/XAA or ATT/ATT). That is what is preventing you from loading those specific apps. I don't think you can flash the S928U or S928U1 firmware onto your phone.

The SIM largely irrelevant. Since the phone's IMEI is clean (meaning it is not blacklisted as lost or stolen) and your AT&T account is in good standing, AT&T doesn't care if you are using an SM-928B on its network. AT&T also won't be able to help, since the device is not a model it supports with firmware.

It may be possible to sideload those apps via APK. Worst case scenario is that it won't install them.

Reactions: gendo667

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goodweather2024