Magazine text

bottlerocket

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
It seems like the text in magazine articles isn't as clear compared to the previous Nexus. Anyone else notice this? Screen looks great in every other situation. I'm subscribed to Entertainment Weekly, but also looks the same in the Travel magazine that was included. You can't zoom or modify the font like you can for books (unless I'm missing that somewhere).

Maybe I just need new contacts.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I've purchased several magazines for my Amazon Kindle app on my Nexus 7 and the resolution is stunning and the color is gorgeous. Quite frankly it's better than reading a paper mag. I've had my N7 since Saturday morning and I still can't put it down.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) via the Android Central App.

DeusEx

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I have found that when reading my Time magazine the text is a a little fuzzy. I don't know if it's the screen but here's a screen capture of the text that looks fuzzy to me. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 1375404559481.jpg
    1375404559481.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 30

bottlerocket

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Must just be the Play Magazines if they look fine in the Kindle app. But yeah, definitely a little fuzzy.

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Because of the high resolution, you're seeing how low quality some of those magazine scans are.

This would be my guess. I'm half expecting to see the same thing on some book covers and interior illustrations. I've already come across this with the Nook HD+. Some games too. Hopefully as full HD tablets become more mainstream, publishers will get their act together.

Sent from my Nook HD+

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiviwin68