Marshmallow bugs and/or missing options

dreamfall31

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Well Verizon finally got Marshmallow, and I've noticed a few things that are broken or seem missing and I was wondering if anyone else was having these issues.

Quick Settings only allowing 8 icons despite you choosing 9 icons.

Lock screen doesn't show weather widget anymore.

When in battery options, the percentage left is no longer on the graph or on the page at all.

Battery percentage always showing in top corner of lock screen, no option to turn it off.

Swiping apps off of recent app screen is randomly unresponsive to swipes.

Posted via the Android Central App

StingrayJG

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Just discovered that my default texting app Handcent won't work since the update. It (was) my default SMS app. Everytime I try to launch it I just get a "Unfortunately Handcent has stopped working" message with no choice but to hit OK and it dumps you back out to where you were. I just had to change my default SMS app back to standard messaging app just to make sure I can send and receive until they figure out a solution to this. Hopefully didn't miss anything important. I updated around 11am this morning and didn't discover this issue until just now (7pm)
A little annoying. :mad:

Phil Parsons

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Have Verizon Galaxy S6 and the email notification isn't working right. Also, having problems with syncing. Have set to every 15 min but it won't sync unless you open the app. Notification light doesn't always work. Also have to swipe twice to access my phone, 1st to get to my swipe screen then my swipe. Anyone else with the same problem???

parsonsphil

W_A_Watson_II

Jun 21, 2011
wawii.com
Have Verizon Galaxy S6 and the email notification isn't working right. Also, having problems with syncing. Have set to every 15 min but it won't sync unless you open the app. Notification light doesn't always work. Also have to swipe twice to access my phone, 1st to get to my swipe screen then my swipe. Anyone else with the same problem???parsonsphil

When I have "Power saving mode on" I have the same results. Turn it off and everything works correctly.

Last edited:

StingrayJG

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Update to my post #4 here:
I ended up trying to see if a uninstall/re-install of Handcent might get it to start working again post-Marshmallow. When I uninstalled it and went back to the google play store to re-install it, it looked like a newer version of Handcent (It's actually called "next SMS" in application manager) besides the one I had in there previously, was there in its place. I installed that one and so far it seems to be working fine. So at least I got that resolved....:cool:

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I can't enable Now on Tap.

Also one of my 3 (2 home, 1 car) Fast Adaptive Chargers charges extremely slow since the update, twice as slow as wireless charging.

dreamfall31

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I hope they add a option to remove the battery percentage...i love not knowing exactly how much battery is left so I don't become OCD about battery management

172av8r

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I thought Marshmallow was supposed to change the app drawer to be one continuous vertical page, rather than horizontal pages.

I just got the Verizon OTA update, but my app drawer is unchanged. Why?

I also miss the lock screen effects. My phone is set to only require swipe if on my person, but fingerprint if I leave the phone set down. With lollipop, the animation on the lock screen "told me" what mode it was in and what action is needed to unlock. With Marshmallow the lock screen looks the same in either instance. I hope they fix this!

dreamfall31

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
So yeah. If you turn on the battery percentage, then off, then lock phone the percentage doesn't show on the lock screen...that is until you lock it again and it comes back. So looks like it's just a bug. Is there a place I can report that tom? Do I report to Google or Samsung?

dreamfall31

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I did a full factory reset to my GS6 and it fixed the Quick Settings problem, but the battery percentage issue is still present...I need it to be gone! I never have the percentage on because the battery drain OCD part of my brain is turned on at all times now that I can see the numbers! :'(

Phil Parsons

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Turning off the power saving mode did fix some of my notification problems. The sync still doesn't sync up time wise in accounts and in settings. Still getting better email now. Man Marshmallow fixed stuff and messed up others. I did like the swipe, oh well:(

parsonsphil

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I did a full factory reset to my GS6 and it fixed the Quick Settings problem, but the battery percentage issue is still present...I need it to be gone! I never have the percentage on because the battery drain OCD part of my brain is turned on at all times now that I can see the numbers! :'(

Are you sure? I've got a Verizon S6 and it's on Marshmallow and the option to turn off the battery percentage is under Settings and then Battery. There's a choice to "turn off battery percentage."
Very strange its not there for you but glitches sure happen..

dreamfall31

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Are you sure? I've got a Verizon S6 and it's on Marshmallow and the option to turn off the battery percentage is under Settings and then Battery. There's a choice to "turn off battery percentage."
Very strange its not there for you but glitches sure happen..

It is in the options, but it only turns off the percentage on the home screen and not on the lock screen. If I turn the option on, then lock my phone, open and then turn the option off and lock it's gone, but the moment I re-lock it the lock screen shows the percentage again.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
It is in the options, but it only turns off the percentage on the home screen and not on the lock screen. If I turn the option on, then lock my phone, open and then turn the option off and lock it's gone, but the moment I re-lock it the lock screen shows the percentage again.

Oh, I see. Wish I knew a fix.

STETTOMAN

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
I loved this S6 right up until Marshmallow updated/downgraded. Battery use is staggering now, and it wasn't stellar to begin with, but now my apps are being screwed with. If I'm on Iheart radio and turn on chrome or almost any other app, Iheart shuts down. The phone reboots on a whim now, and ALL apps are slow to respond, some won't start at all.

Is there a way to uninstall this "upgrade"?

klva

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I have a broken phone after the Verizon Marshmallow update.
Power Button no longer works to close the screen or to get to the power off menu. The screen might go off after it times out, but the screen will turn back on at random and may flash the Power off, Restart, Emergency Mode screen on top of whatever I was looking at when I closed the screen. Powering off from that screen does not power off. It only appears to do a restart. That restart does not fix anything. I have used the hold volume down and power keys for 10 seconds to get to the maintenance boot menu. The POWER DOWN option on that tiny little menu does not work. Clicking the home button for that option does nothing. I can get the restart normally and safe mode options to work. There does not seem to be any way to power off this phone when I want to do a fast recharge or just save battery power when not taking the phone with me. Finally, in frustration, I let the battery run down until the phone became a complete brick. While recharging the phone turned itself back on and went right back to operating erratically like it has since the Marshmallow update.
KL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23