Marshmallow on Verizon Note 4 - WiFi Calling issue

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I just updated my Verizon Note 4 to Marshmallow a couple days ago, and along with the update came the WiFi calling option. I can make a call with it turned on and I hear the person on the other end at first, but after only 2 to 3 seconds, the call terminates. I've made a few calls to different people, and all of them have terminated the same way after the person on the other end has answered the call.

I have more than a dozen devices on my home wifi network and none of those devices exhibits any network issues, and I can use wifi reliably even on the Note 4 for web browsing, streaming videos, etc., so I'm pretty sure this isn't an issue with my home network. And I'm sitting within a few feet of my router. But Verizon's WiFi calling will not stay connected when I make a call. Have any of you experienced the same or similar issue? Are any of you having success with Verizon WiFi calling? Any suggestions?

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
What's the advantages of wifi calling? I haven't turned it on yet.

It's most useful when you are in a location where your cell signal is low and/or intermittent, but where wi-fi is available. This is the case at my house. At any given time and location in my house, my cell signal varies from between 0 and 2 bars, making cell calls an iffy proposition. But my wi-fi is strong and available everywhere in my house.

ClaudiaP

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I received my first call with Wfi calling this morning. I live in a place where getting two bars is something to cheer about and if I am able to get enough signal to talk on the phone I have to hold perfectly still or the call drops. This morning's call was crystal clear and I was able to walk around the house while talking. YAY! I'm a happy camper and now may actually get rid of the landline. :)

I know if the power goes out I'm SOL but our landline is cable so we have no phone in a power outage now, I'm looking at a new car though and it has Wifi so that would fix that too.

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I received my first call with Wfi calling this morning. I live in a place where getting two bars is something to cheer about and if I am able to get enough signal to talk on the phone I have to hold perfectly still or the call drops. This morning's call was crystal clear and I was able to walk around the house while talking. YAY! I'm a happy camper and now may actually get rid of the landline. :)

I know if the power goes out I'm SOL but our landline is cable so we have no phone in a power outage now, I'm looking at a new car though and it has Wifi so that would fix that too.

Are you on Verizon? If so, have you been able to make an outgoing wi-fi call? I can receive incoming wi-fi calls, but I cannot place outgoing calls without the connection dropping immediately after the person on the other end answers the call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J0SH