[MEGATHREAD] LG IMS Keeps Stopping (5/2022)

Skywolve

May 22, 2022
Visit site
So I know there was one post already related to this but no solution in that thread has worked, nor has any solution posted on various websites.

I wish I could just disable LG IMS as the frame work contributes to features of my phone I simply don't use, however I cannot find the place to do so nor the IP type most websites tell me to. Like I said I have a Stylo 4 so that may be the issue.

I also doubt it has to do with any particular app as a factory reset did not fix it.

I am at my wits end so either a detailed guide for disabling it or any other fixes would be greatly appreciated.

BobS1

May 24, 2022
Visit site
You can find the info here:
https://www.guidingtech.com/reset-network-settings-android-ios/
which describes what happens.
It seems the real downside is that one has to re-create connections to all the Wi-Fi networks and Bluetooth devices which you may have been using. For me, that's only one or two each.

With any luck, you won't have to do anything now that T-Mobile has sent out a patch.

I posted what worked for me. 1-2-3 done. Other procedures posted here didn't work.
I suspected that it was a network connection issue because my phone started acting like it was disconnected from the network even if I could see bars on the signal strength icon. And one person found a fix by switching a configuration from IPv6v4 to IPv4v6 which is a connection protocol.

moo44x

May 22, 2022
Visit site
I rebooted as mentioned above at aprox 11:15 AM PDT. So far, it continues to appear to be fixed at 3:30 PM. The only issue I continue to have and can live with is the first 2 rings are quieter & then it goes to regular volume by the 3rd ring. V30 Thin-q, T-Mobile.

May 23, 2022
Visit site
Some articles today suggest that a fix was issued by T-Mobile and all you need to do is to restart the phone.
As of May 24th 2022, Tuesday, 2:40pm EST I can assure you that it is NOT the case.
Why?
Because I have done just that and the first thing I saw was that beautiful LG IMS Keeps Stopping message...

Adam, have you found success with the earlier temporary fixes such IP Version and clear cache / date on the system App? Have you recently tried powering off and on your phone since this morning?

buzzeb

May 22, 2022
Visit site
Went to the boost store and the guy just force stopped/cleared cache/data on the lg ims app on my phone.
It is working fine now. He said a lot of people were coming in with this issue and he has no clue what causes it but that LG has supposedly already patched it.

Bryan 2

May 22, 2022
Visit site
IMS message went away on my phone Sunday afternoon. Today around noon it came back. Got it to go away with the clear cache/data and force stop trick. Noticed I don't have mobile data now. I cannot use my phone for anything other than calls when not on wifi. WTF. Called T-Mobile and they gave me a step-by-step instruction to get data working again and said I may need to repeat the steps a few times for it to work, but I never could get data working. Now I have a basically useless phone. Wonder what the hells is happening when it works then it doesnt. I'm so tired of dealing with this. T-Mobile should give us new phones for the BS. And LG can burn in bankruptcy. I'll never purchase anything LG branded again.

Bryan 2

May 22, 2022
Visit site
Did they suggest, among other things, removing and replacing the SIM?

No, that was never mentioned. They said the instructions came from LG, not them, and SIM removal is not one of the steps. They gave me the number to LG and they texted me the same instructions. I only went through them twice, and they say you may have to repeat it 3-5 times for it to work.

Bryan 2

May 22, 2022
Visit site
No, that was never mentioned. They said the instructions came from LG, not them, and SIM removal is not one of the steps. They gave me the number to LG and they texted me the same instructions. I only went through them twice, and they say you may have to repeat it 3-5 times for it to work.

So on the THIRD time running through all the steps, my data is now working again. But for how long...

A

Android Central Question

Any update of the "LG ims keeps stopping" problem

phone keeps being interrupted with the screen notice "LG IMS keeps stopping". Can't use phone. Started 5/22/2022 and hasn't stopped. Just wanting to know if anyone has an update on the fix from T-mobile and LG

Adam Kalinski

May 22, 2022
Visit site
Weren't we told that simple rebooting will fix this? Apparently, T-Mobile issued a fix and all we have to do is restarting the phone.
Are they lying? As of today, May 25th 2:20pm EST this is NOT working.
If T-Mobile is responsible for that, shouldn't they fix it for me?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Weren't we told that simple rebooting will fix this? Apparently, T-Mobile issued a fix and all we have to do is restarting the phone.
Are they lying? As of today, May 25th 2:20pm EST this is NOT working.
If T-Mobile is responsible for that, shouldn't they fix it for me?
Probably take a couple days to roll the fix out especially server side

wbsmith

May 25, 2022
Visit site
My LG thinQ developed this problem last Saturday night into Sunday. I tried just about everything mentioned on this board. Nothing worked. Sunday night into Monday T-Mobile must have pushed an update. The phone was all better. I use the phone and data heavily and I had no symptoms Monday, Tuesday and today…………. Until about 4:00 Eastern. All of the sudden the message started popping up again!!!!!!

Is anyone else still having issues with this???

wbsmith

May 25, 2022
Visit site
My LG thinQ developed this problem last Saturday night into Sunday. I tried just about everything mentioned on this board. Nothing worked. Sunday night into Monday T-Mobile must have pushed an update. The phone was all better. I use the phone and data heavily and I had no symptoms Monday, Tuesday and today…………. Until about 4:00 Eastern. All of the sudden the message started popping up again!!!!!!

Is anyone else still having issues with this???

Here is the solution from LG:

Attachments

• DE7BCD10-DB73-40B5-A8D4-31112A895332.jpg
    DE7BCD10-DB73-40B5-A8D4-31112A895332.jpg
    776.7 KB · Views: 12

ifom

May 23, 2022
Visit site
I blame Metro by T-Mobile. I bought my phone from them three years ago in July. The phone still works but the service has changed. I never received notification that said I would need a new phone by a certain date because it was going to stop working . This is not ok. And I can imagine it"s no accident.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrsthree

May 22, 2022
Visit site
So what were the steps to get the data back on? My daughter's phone still doesn't have data, even though she's restarted it several times & the message has been gone since Sunday.

IMS message went away on my phone Sunday afternoon. Today around noon it came back. Got it to go away with the clear cache/data and force stop trick. Noticed I don't have mobile data now. I cannot use my phone for anything other than calls when not on wifi. WTF. Called T-Mobile and they gave me a step-by-step instruction to get data working again and said I may need to repeat the steps a few times for it to work, but I never could get data working. Now I have a basically useless phone. Wonder what the hells is happening when it works then it doesnt. I'm so tired of dealing with this. T-Mobile should give us new phones for the BS. And LG can burn in bankruptcy. I'll never purchase anything LG branded again.

ifom

May 23, 2022
Visit site
"Restore Defaults Access Point Names"
I found that about 1am scanning the net.
I have not been unable to make a call since
then. If it was posted here I missed it.
**** on t mobile unless they're on fire.I"m sure they set some sales records this week!

Bryan 2

May 22, 2022
Visit site
So what were the steps to get the data back on? My daughter's phone still doesn't have data, even though she's restarted it several times & the message has been gone since Sunday.

These are the steps I did, but had to do them 3x in a row before it worked. Unfortunately, this only fixed it for a few hours and these steps never fixed the issue again, even after doing it 5x in a row, which at that point is just insane. After 6 days of no data, I got a new phone (free from Tmobile if you let them know you're an LG victim).

1. Set your LG phone to airplane mode.
2. Head to Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> App info.
3. Tap the 3-dot menu in the top right corner and enable show system.
4. Look for com.lge.ims.rcsprovider in the list and tap it.
5. In the detailed overview for this app, hit the following three buttons in order: Clear cache, clear storage/data, and force stop. (Depending on the Android version on your phone, some of these three options may be found under storage information.)
6. Restart phone and turn airplane mode off. Make sure wifi is off, and data is on. Test for data connection.
7. Repeat until it works or you want to throw the phone off a cliff.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084