[MEGATHREAD] LG IMS Keeps Stopping (5/2022)

Skywolve

May 22, 2022
Visit site
So I know there was one post already related to this but no solution in that thread has worked, nor has any solution posted on various websites.

I wish I could just disable LG IMS as the frame work contributes to features of my phone I simply don't use, however I cannot find the place to do so nor the IP type most websites tell me to. Like I said I have a Stylo 4 so that may be the issue.

I also doubt it has to do with any particular app as a factory reset did not fix it.

I am at my wits end so either a detailed guide for disabling it or any other fixes would be greatly appreciated.

leah171

May 22, 2022
Visit site
I followed the solution below posted by another user.

"I just got my LG V60 working by turning on Wifi, make sure it's connected to a network, go into settings, network and internet, Wifi calling then change to Wifi preferred and Wifi calling on, then turn the Wifi connection off." This actually took care of the problem for me. So far anyway..."

Adam Kalinski

May 22, 2022
Visit site
I dare to disagree. LG does not support their phones for quite some time. They do not issue any software patches, changes or updates.
By doing nothing they could not screwup anything. Hence, they cannot fix anything.
From the other hand if this is Google screwup it would affect more phones, not just LG on T-Mobile network.
Sorry, but everything points to T-Mobile. They actively change software.
Unless there is something else. I hope we will find out about it soon. So far, I click out the message on my phone, every now and then.
None of the announced fixes worked for me. Some of them contradict the other. Disaster.

joespr

May 23, 2022
Visit site
After shutting phone and restarting, it's baaack!

So I redid the steps as recommened, and it stopped. So it's all OK until the next time I reboot phone. Temporary is just that, temporary.

WTF are we going to do now? Go through this song and dance rouotine everytime we need to restart the phone?

Rumor has it that a fix is "being rolled out" today. Well, we'll see...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I dare to disagree. LG does not support their phones for quite some time. They do not issue any software patches, changes or updates.
By doing nothing they could not screwup anything. Hence, they cannot fix anything.
From the other hand if this is Google screwup it would affect more phones, not just LG on T-Mobile network.
Sorry, but everything points to T-Mobile. They actively change software.
Unless there is something else. I hope we will find out about it soon. So far, I click out the message on my phone, every now and then.
None of the announced fixes worked for me. Some of them contradict the other. Disaster.

Looks like you're right, sorry!:-\ I was thinking that since LG is still getting updates out to some of its phones that they might have done this as well

May 23, 2022
Visit site
Yeah, turning the WiFi off and leaving it off seems to have done the trick (in addition to the steps to clear the data/cache). But does this mean you can't use the Wifi at all? :(

Why Bother? In a moving car, WiFi is USELESS. When in a business, 99% of WiFi spots are NOT SECURE unless you are at your home and use encryption, and even when you are at home, t-mobile (and probably the other carriers) count all the data going over WiFi against any limit you have in your data plan! (I verified this with t-mobile over a year ago). Lastly, If you use WiFi at home, then you are eating up bandwidth that your TVs and computers need.

If I am in a cellular dead zone and there is a WiFi connection, I'll only use it for texts and calls, nothing else.

Ted Bundy2

May 23, 2022
Visit site
10 minutes ago everything started working like normal on my LG G8 on mint mobile...which runs on t mobile. An hour ago I was looking a pixel 6 on Amazon. And cricket phone plans.

I pay $15 a month for mint for 4gb data. It works perfect..i get low of 45mbs and high of 116mbs in town.

moo44x

May 22, 2022
Visit site
So far, seems to be fixed. I wish someone else made an affordable phone for audiophiles, but LG seems to have been it before discontinuing. I like have 2 devices in 1, rather than having to get a music player AND a phone.

Thank you to this site & thread. I was feeling crazy until I googled this thread.

Adam Kalinski

May 22, 2022
Visit site
Some articles today suggest that a fix was issued by T-Mobile and all you need to do is to restart the phone.
As of May 24th 2022, Tuesday, 2:40pm EST I can assure you that it is NOT the case.
Why?
Because I have done just that and the first thing I saw was that beautiful LG IMS Keeps Stopping message...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463