[MEGATHREAD] Power button on phone is overheating and extremely hot to the touch

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
power button really hot?

What would cause this? My battery life has been horrible today and now i notice my power button is real hot to the touch

Posted via the Android Central App

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I had a similar problem and got it fixed two days ago. Apparently the finger print sensor on my phone which is connected to the power button had become faulty. Either had to replace it or disconnect it. I opted for the latter since I was not using it. If the design is similar to yours, you could try that. It might work.
Disconnect meaning turn off?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Disconnecting the cable for figure print sensor. This involves opening the back cover of the phone and removing a few screws then making sure that the fingure print cable no longer sends signal from the power button
Probably best to return it if new then opening it up as a lot of people are not familiar with steps to do that

VTD1

Oct 16, 2022
Visit site
Probably best to return it if new then opening it up as a lot of people are not familiar with steps to do that

I don't advise unskilled people to do that. Basically I am saying that the problem of a hot power button is likely caused by the finger print sensor if the button serves a dual purpose. For my phone, the finger print sensor was the culprit.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: My battery button is hot

We can’t help you if you don’t respond.

However, it seems fairly obvious to me that something needs attention, but for all I know, this may be normal on some phones.

A

Android Central Question

Power button hot hot,its so hot you cant even touch it

Please tell me why the power button is extremely hot to the touch and my phone is super slow . Ive cleaned the cache. I took off alot of icons and I've reset the network. I have the unlimited plan.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow