[MEGATHREAD] Power button on phone is overheating and extremely hot to the touch

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
power button really hot?

What would cause this? My battery life has been horrible today and now i notice my power button is real hot to the touch

Posted via the Android Central App

lukbecabb3

Dec 8, 2021
Visit site
I've never heard of this happening either and after googling can't find anyone who has had this happen. I tried safe mode and it didn't make a difference. When I turn the phone off the button cools down almost immediately. The button is hot enough that i have to use something over it to power it off. You would think the area around the power button would be hot as well but it's not at all.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've never heard of this happening either and after googling can't find anyone who has had this happen. I tried safe mode and it didn't make a difference. When I turn the phone off the button cools down almost immediately. The button is hot enough that i have to use something over it to power it off. You would think the area around the power button would be hot as well but it's not at all.
Yeah i would exchange it .

Ben xfg

Nov 12, 2019
Visit site

Unless you can get it done under warranty, just take it to a local repair shop and have then change out the power/volume button ribbon.

A

Android Central Question

My power button is extremely hot. Nothing else juzt the power button. Its the new Motorola power

I have a Motorola power and my power button is extremely hot to touch. Nothing else is hot just the side button. What can I do ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My power button is extremely hot. Nothing else juzt the power button. Its the new Motorola power

Welcome to Android Central! Is the back of the phone hot as well? Is your battery draining fast? The power button is presumably metal, so I assume it's conducting heat from the internals. If the CPU is heating up for some reason (like from a processor-intensive app, or a rogue app that's running excessively in the background, or poor cell signal), that heat might be felt at the power button.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

A

Android Central Question

What causes my power button to get real hot

My power button is extremely hot. I called the manufacturer and he talked me through how to fix it, but it didn't work

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Re: What causes my power button to get real hot

Need some more info. When does it happen? Charging, normal use, sitting idle? Is that the only part of your phone that gets hot? What phone or where is button located? Does it happen with and without case? Do you have any power button settings enabled like quick camera or anything like that?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: What causes my power button to get real hot

Welcome to Android Central! The Power button is almost always metal, and therefore a good heat conductor. If the button is getting hot, that probably means the components on the motherboard it's connected to are also getting hot (like the CPU). Take a look at the battery stats and see which app is using the most power at the moment.

A

Android Central Question

I have an A03 and the power button is too hot

It is only my power button. Rest of phone is cool. It has been sitting in AC room on a stand and has only sent a few texts for several hours. It is not in a case.

Jess Eve

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Re: on phone is overheating and extremely hot to the touch

Welcome to AC!
They responded back , which device you have?

yes my power button is currently to hot to contact with any skin I have a samsung A32 5G. just started this today but phone has been closing apps due to being to warm . y7all battery access is restricted